“Very Average”

Great China Buffet
Ranked #992 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have recently been to this place for dinner. The price per person was $12.99. The number of dishes available were not limited but the quality of the food was barely OK. I do not want to re-visit here if I have any other choice in Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We ate here during our vacation to Colorado springs. Food was good and fresh. could not complain. was just your average Chinese Buffet.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had just arrived in town the evening before and I had a taste for a Chinese buffet. I was drawn to this restaurant because it advertised sushi on the menu.
Although the restaurant had a decent selection, pretty standard for a chinese buffet, including a grill and sushi bar, that appeared to be made fresh. The sushi was horrible, no flavour, didn't taste fresh and really amateur looking. I think I could make better looking rolls. We visited King Soopers for a few groceries the next day and their sushi looked way better.
The food lacked flavour and was fairly cold.
We left this restaurant disappointed, and will not return.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Just ate at the great china buffet at 628 S Academy and it was absolutely THE worst chinese buffet I ever ate at. The food was cold, had no flavor and there was no attention paid as to the customers to see if everything was ok or not. I travel all over the US for work and have tried chinese everywhere. I love it, but to save someone else the expense ($8+ for a meal that was disgusting) is worth it to me. Trust me - go somewhere else :(

Reviewed 25 October 2012

There are items on this buffet I have never seen on a Chinese buffet anywhere. There was a dish called pecan chicken that was quite good. There was sushi available. The other dishes were well seasoned, some had a delightful "hot" flavor about them. I tried as many as I could before getting full. There was a bit of oil on my plate after some foods were gone. I think it was part of the delightful flavor of that particular dish. It certainly wasn't unhealthy.
The servers were attentive, and kept my water glass full. The table was kept orderly.
Atmosphere kind of goes hurting here. It is more like a high school lunchroom than a Chinese restaraunt. It is clean and orderly; and is good for a simple place to eat.
This was a business day in Colorado Springs. I would definately return if in the area, and was hungry for Chinese buffet.