“Went for lunch. Will be back!”
Review of King's Chef Diner

King's Chef Diner
Ranked #22 of 1,663 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed October 4, 2018

My wife and I decided to try this place because of all the good reviews. We went for lunch on a Thursday and were told to "sit anywhere"!! Our waitress, Savannah , brought us over our menu's with a smile and we proceeded to peruse the many items. I opted for the Sam Special. A burger with Ham on it. Delicious!!!! Best burger I've had in Colorado Springs so far. Nancy had a Patty Melt that was good too! We each had a 1/2 order of fries ( could have been a little more generous ). But they were good. Most of the folks around us got a huge burrito of some type. They looked good too! Maybe next time!!! And there will be a next time!!!! Thanks Savannah, you were great!!!! See you soon!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 15, 2018

We had the best breakfast and best service for a very good price! I had a half order which I could not finish. And hubby ate all his. I can eat too, but it beat me. so glad we asked what the difference was between a whole and half serving. I don't recall the name, but it had potatoes, sausage, eggs and vegies etc. it was delicious. I cannot tell you how happy and busy this place is. We will come back when we visit Colorado Springs again! :) love this place

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We went here for breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised. When we walked in, the place was tiny. Seats enough for 13 people at the bar. There was a waitress and a cook; 2 people total. They we so friendly and talkative. Gave great recommendations from what to order to the best route to take to Durango. HUGE PORTIONS!!!, but you can order 1/4 and 1/2 orders. You would do best to order small because it will be large. The HOT green chili sauce is wonderful and flavorful. We bought a jar to take and they ship as well as sell on Amazon. Can’t wait to head back through so we can visit again. I hope the same staff is there.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing, green chile is a must. The portions are very big even when ordering the 1/2 size.
We did have to wait roughly 30 minutes but it was well worth it once we got our food. Do have to say that the only complain we had was that our waitress was not very good.
A must when visiting Colorado Springs and we def will be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The food is great, there no doubt about it. If you’re looking for tasty diner food this is definitely the place to go. I ordered the French toast and veggie sausages which were both delicious. There wasn’t many options for vegetarians but the addition of morning star sausages was a plus. Everyone else at the table eating bacon, sausage, and eggs was very pleased as well. My only complaint is the use of plastic, throw away cups. I really wish such a busy restaurant would use reusable cups!