“Lot's of food at a good price”
Review of 2000 Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
2000 Wok
Ranked #643 of 1,593 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 19, 2017

Looks like a long ago Taco Bell turned into an Asian Stir Fry place, but if you are looking for fairly decent food at a great price this might be the place for a quick meal which will fill you up at a bargain. All entrees are $2.15 each so take your pick and walk out for probably not more than about $7 and you will be gorged at that. I chose beef Broccoli and Kung Pao chicken. They don't use MSG (great) so you might want to add a bit more seasoning. I think they need to turn up the heat on the food trays because my food cooled off very quickly. All that said, there was a very good variety and fresh choices, especially the vegetables and 2000 Wok could be a regular for me to come for a quick, good, very affordable meal. Bring the family!

1  Thank MarkV709

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Many years ago I frequented 2000 Wok when in that part of town. I took a break from it for at least three years because the food was intolerably salty. Recently I decided to give it a second try and have returned a few times.Please keep in mind that I use chopticks to eat Chinese food ( most customers do not) .Consequently, the quality of the food and the size of chopped vegetables matter. I avoid beef, so that leaves me a few chicken options. I tried the chicken with noodles dish which was disappointing because the chicken looked gray, the vegetables were huge and roughly cut so that they were not suitable for chopstick users ( real Chinese restaurants frquented by Chinese are careful about chopping and presentation of vegetables.) It was relatively bland. I won't select it again. The spicy chicken is one I have chosen before and did so again. This time I did not order plain rice to go with it due to the noodles in the other dish. Considering the low price (under $3), it is acceptable and will be selected again. I also tried egg rolls which seemed to be rather dry inside....another item I may or may not choose. This is a great place to stop in when a quick meal is desired. Happily, it is no longer too salty. It is not fine dining for sure, yet it is an option for quick Chinese. I will return soon to try something else. FYI: They are closed on Sunday.

1  Thank MmeM_12
Reviewed April 25, 2016

This has got to be one of the true hidden gems in this area- maybe a gem in the rough, though. 2000 Wok (or Wok 2000 as everybody seems it call it) is located in what appears to be an old Taco Bell building. It is very plain, with no atmosphere at all. It is best thought of as a take-out place and the food is very good. No MSG, which is a big plus for me. Everything is a set price - $1.89 per serving - and the servings are huge with a good variety. The sesame chicken is my personal favorite. There are some items that are pretty spicey, too.

If you are looking for a nice sit-down Chinese restaurant or if you want a fancy place, this is definitely not it. I think of Wok 2000 as a place to get good food for a no-frills, easy take out dinner for the family. The place is family-owned and everybody is exceptionally nice. Give it a try.

Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

I went into 2000 walk and got beef and broccoli with rice as a take out. My wife and I split it and it was plenty for both of us. Can't beat that for about six bucks. Food was good and I will go back

1  Thank Electraglide_rider
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Pretty typical Chinese food. I liked all of the food except for the wontons had maybe a half penny's worth of cheese in it. It is pretty cheep unless you like a variety then it adds up because its 2.00. Overall it was an average experience, but nothing that stood out.