“ It bad but not friendly either”
Review of Briar Mart

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Briar Mart
Ranked #925 of 1,473 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I went with a friend last week to try out this new-to-me lunch spot, which is also a market that sells ingredients for Mediterranean cooking that one normally wouldn't find st a grocery store. It's in the old Mission Inn location (a Mexican restaurant I'd been to years ago) and apparently moved there from somewhere closer to the Chapel Hills mall. It's pretty no-frills inside, not much atmosphere. You order food in the back of the market. There's what looks like a deli counter and menu is up on the wall behind it on a chalkboard, maybe? They serve kabobs and pita sandwiches, etc. I got hummus with pita chips that were yummy (fried, so not healthy but tasty.). They only offed hummus as an appetizer, not a smaller hummus/pita option as a side. So I got that and a small Greek side salad, which was fine, not great. The owner (or guy working there) was a little gruff, not very friendly. Not sure if I'll go back.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

My co workers and I order take out every 1-2 months and crave it until our next trip in!!My family has also benefited that I will bring them in on my days off. Such wonderful Greek food!!

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I wasn't sure if this place was open, it looked like an abandoned old building. I went there to look for a specific item, not to dine. A guy eventually came out and his breath smelled like weed. He happened to be shelving the item I was looking for so I asked if I could look at the box. I wanted to see the description of the product. He got really agitated about this and started to act rude. I didn't want to give this give my business. I said thanks, gave him the box back and as I'm walking away, he said in a nasty tone "you're weird". What? ? Wow, smoke another one, seemed like he was bothered to have a customer and just wanted to be alone but then to insult me to my back was the kicker.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Good food. Nice to eat at a non-chain local place with ethnic fare. Only complaint is that the heat in the place doesn't work. It's freezing in there. Bring a coat.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Better than most local Mediterranean/Mideastern semi-fast food gyro joints in the area. I have never been disappointed on my orders unlike Grand Gyros and others. Service with a friendly smile (thanks Shaw) and reasonably priced. The owners also run the Caspian Cafe. Recommended.

2  Thank B G