“Basic burger in a quaint diner”

Cy's Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #452 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Cy's is a visit to another era. There is little special about the food, just a basic burger and fry joint, but it is enjoyable looking at the Elvis memorabilia on the walls. The service is good and quick and if you stay in your car and leave the lights on you can get carhop service. The fries were tasty and more than I could finish. You can get a much better burger for the same price in other places in town, but Cy's is more than a burger place. If you like nostalgia and a literally greasy spoon atmosphere, Cy's is the place for you.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Ugh, what has happened to Cy's? Old chairs, smelly and cracking booths, glue pest trap above the corner booth in the dining area and the quality of their food just isn't what it used to be. If this is the lack of basic cleanliness they let diners see, image what it's like behind the counter...I found out when I checked out their reviews on the county health inspector page. This place is so far gone from when it was a charming hole-in-the-wall place with generous portions of quality food and ownership clearly doesn't care about upkeep, so bummed that we won't be coming back after our last visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I always rate places for what they are. This old burger joint with car hop service and classic decor, fully met our expectations. Portions are generous, prices fair and service friendly. My husband and son each had a malt and loved them. The burger, fries and onion rings were all good. My son really appreciated the sign that said they will make your ice cream treat anyway you want it! It's refreshing to see that instead of "no substitutions"!

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to dig this place for the full 4 stars. And it came close. Cy's brought back memories from my own high school years and frequented hangouts in Ohio, in the '90s, which were places that my parents said reminded them of their time in high school, as well. So what I mean to say is: Cy's has a great greasy nostalgic feel for several generations inside the diner and outside in the shady parking lot building the foundation for the numerous faded signs on the building's exterior.

The chocolate malt was worth the trip alone. I made sure to over tip since I used a Restaurant.com certificate. It was difficult to meet the $20.00 required by the certificate because the prices were actually quite reasonable.

Greasy fun for all: fries, tots, and the surprisingly solid Texas toothpicks (jalapeno and onion strips deep fried, ranch on the side).

Unfortunately, the burger just wasn't very good. I can't quite pinpoint the error, but it was just ... off. The bun was good but did not complement the patty. The double pickle I ordered was perfect, the onion/tomato/small lettuce shreds also solid, so I have too say it was the uninspiring patty itself. Or maybe I'm spoiled and it just needed a spice like Konriko.

Either way, the fried sides and chocolate malt were an old-timey, flavorful, and filling hit for me. Should I return, I will simply try a different meat item, like a dog or fried fish.

Recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Been meaning to try Cy's for quite some time. Stopped in here after visiting the King Sooper's Shopping center across the street. Disappointed is the best description. Tried a burger and a shake. The burger was from a frozen, not great beef, patty. The "fixins" were great. Lots of pickles, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce but the expected "old fashioned burger" just wasn't there. Cy's shakes are made wit soft serve ice cream which is also disappointed. While they taste "good", they certainly aren't the healthiest. Suggest Cy's goes to truly old fashioned never frozen quality beef and home made ice cream shakes to truly bring back the classic drive-in restaurant.