“Solid Greek!”

Greek Cafe
Ranked #354 of 1,473 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time eating at the Greek Cafe. My wife had the vegetable plate. It was a generous serving of dolmas, falafel, hummus, Greek salad, pitas, white rice and spanokopita. Very tasty and filling. The tatziki was included and was a generous portion. A definite meal worth trying. I had the gyro plate. A generous portion of gyro meat, unfortunately it was a little over crispy for my taste, but never the less delicious and fresh, hot fries. We also tried the baklava for dessert. It was everything baklava should be, crispy, nutty and not overly sweet. In short dude, delicious. This is not a fancy, overpriced Greek place. It is solid good food served hot and tasty. Although I rated it a "4," it's closer to 4.5. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Very delicious gyros! Authentic Greek. Family owned and operated. We stop for lunch here on a regular basis. Tasiki sauce is the best around.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This place wasn't bad. The pita is very tasty. The chicken breast (not the chicken they use in the gyros) was excellent - tender, well-seasoned. The falafel was perfectly crisped - although a little heavy on the greens inside. The hummus had a nice flavor; it was a little thicker than I prefer, but still nice. Everything else was decent.

Some other things were a little on the strange side. We ordered two chicken gyros - one adult and one child. But they ran out of that meat. And so that upgraded my wife's to the chicken breast. But then just gave my son lamb without asking. He doesn't eat lamb and so we returned it. And they offered nothing in return - just a $6 plate of fries. I asked for the chicken breast for him and they gave him 4 chicken nuggets. The customer at the table next to us also complained about an inaccurate order.

The folks behind the counter were nice but if you don't have the ingredients on the menu you should let people know in advance or least apologize and make it right immediately.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We've eaten here several times. The owner is extremely nice and does a great job with customer service. The food is outstanding. We typically get salads and gyros and they are alway fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

In southern colorado there aren't any Greek establishments. On a quick trip Colorado Springs we Google Drive our options. They were limited and some closed on Sunday. In a small strip off of Powers, I had my craving satisfied.
Very simple setup with great authentic Greek food being produced. We ordered the hummus and olive plate as appetizer and they were not not stingy. We all ordered the classic Gyro sandwich on pita and it was great. Loaded with meat and veggies we had our fill and for the $6 price I spent a lot less then anticipated on our meal. The fries were great and fresh with just the right amount of seasoning.
I was stuffed but made sure to take a box of baklava and nut rolls for late night snacking.
The host , of obvious Greek descent, was very friendly and gave my daughter free juices which of coarse pleased her. The no fuss setup in the kitchen allowed for an immediate fill of our order. Though we only ordered the Gyros, another gentleman seated right after us, stayed he had never eaten Greek ordered to Kabob and it looked and smelled divine. I also noticed how patient to explain the menu the host was
I will definitely be returning to this establishment . I plan on venturing past the Gyro, but intend on ordering for the ride home.