All reviews air force academy north side great hotel third floor clean rooms easy access movie theater hotel staff breakfast staff would stay here again king suite the breakfast area hot tub business center a great stay fitness room free breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2015

I often stay at Hampton Inns, the beds are awesome, the rooms immaculate, the staff friendly, and the price is always in line with the competition. The value is better than most.

However, they really need to do something more for breakfast. Their pre made omelets are always dry and mostly tasteless. The pastries likewise are so mass produced that they lack appeal and taste.

Stayed: October 2015
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2015

I will definitely pass on the awesome comments about our staff to them. There is hardly a day that goes by that someone does not comment on our amazing helpful staff. I am sorry that you did not find as many options as you were hoping for. All our breakfast items are pre set by Hampton, but I know they love to hear feedback and are more than willing to make improvements.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Our room type was changed prior to our arrival. When I reserve a king room I should get a king room, not a double queen. The staff was unable to move us to a room type that we reserved months before. The mattresses were pretty poor quality. The TV remote had issues. The thermostat would not go any lower than 68 degrees. A third story room, above the lobby and food prep area needs to have a lower thermostat, the room was constantly too warm. We've stayed here quite often and this was the first time I was very disappointed. You can do better, Hampton!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your feedback even though we are very sorry you were too warm in your room. Yes, the new air condition units only go as low as 68 degrees which seems to be a standard. I am not sure what happened with your room type, I do apologize for that. If that ever happens again please let me know when you are in house and we will find a solution.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

My wife and I spent three nights here. While the hotel is a newer property, it's overall size seems smaller than most other Hamptons. Nevertheless, the rooms were clean and fresh. We booked a third floor (top) room with a balconey with a northern view (Hotel rooms face either north or south.) Being able to open the door and get cool fresh air all night is worth the price of admission. The staff are very friendly, particularly the two young women who were working the front desk. After the second day, one even addressed me by name as we passed in the lobby. The breakfast is on par with other Hamptons....good not great. Again, the staff seem very attentive. The dining area was busy in a relatively small space, so getting down early is advised. The fitness room gets a B-. It has three cardio machines, dumbbells and a exercise machine. It's sufficient for a one or two day stay and was never busy the two times I used it. The hot tub is outdoor while the pool is indoor. Both were clean and the hot tub nice despite being enclosed near the parking lot.
My suggestion for this Hampton is to add a managers reception in the evening. Most Hamptons don't have this feature, but when I find one, I tend to return. I realize it costs money to have beer/wine and snacks for guests, but Embassy Suites seems to do just fine with theirs and they're Hilton as well.
Otherwise, great location if you're visiting USAFA. It was only 10-15 minutes from the hotel to the tailgate party in the stadium parking lot for a recent football game. It is the same time to get to the USAFA Visitor Center as well.
This hotel competes with the Residence Inn across the street. I've stayed in both. They are similar in accommodations except Residence has an evening meal and kitchenette in the room. If those items aren't needed, go with Hampton or vice versa.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony on the third floor if you like a lot of fresh air.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the nice response. Sounds like you came for a football game which is very nicely located across the interstate from us. Hope you enjoyed the game.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

The suite was awsome and was very comfortable for a family of four. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great. We had plenty of things to choose from on the breakfast bar and they switched things up nicely.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Yes, we do get a lot of comments about our hotel being family friendly as well as all the wonderful options at breakfast. I think someone counted one time and found twenty something options to choose from at breakfast....whoa!

Reviewed October 12, 2015

great location, clean room, nice lounge area, good breakfast, only downfall was internet not working in our room and that it did not get resolved during our stay, making doing school work very difficult

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for giving us some great feedback. We are sorry to hear that the internet was not as strong for you during that time. We have a toll free ATT number on the desk in the rooms to call them for any technical questions. Please let me know if that was not sufficient. Thanks too for all the nice comments that you loved about your stay.