“Lunch Delivery”

Rong Cheng Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #552 of 1,592 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Both my assistant and I ordered the Chicken Garlic Eggplant, and we both loved it! They told us 45 minutes, and that is about what it took, but the food arrived fresh and hot. The fried rice was nothing special-rather plain, but the wonton and egg roll were very good. I had the hot and sour soup, which had good balanced flavor-not too sour or too spicy.

I have also ordered their Combination Noodle Soup for takeout, and it is superb. The tiny dining area is your typical hole-in-the-wall Chinese cafe-probably not comfortable to dine in during the winter months, as there are no tables protected from the door opening.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We had eaten there before with take out as well as delivery and it was decent. However last evening I placed an order at 4:00 for delivery at 5:00 They showed up at 5:40...the bag was soaked from the spilled soup...the tempura was soggy, thick and nasty. Everything was wet...$27.00 for one soup and one entree that was totally inedible...

We won't be back

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We usually go in to the restaurant, but didn't feel like it this time. Whenever we have been in to the restaurant in the past, they have always had a brisk take out. So we decided to try it. Ordering online was pretty easy and staight forward. One caveat is that combo meals do not come with soup. We had Chicken Lo Mein. My husband had the combo and I had the pint size. His came with rice and an eggroll. I ordered wonton soup with mine. We split the soup and still had enough for leftovers. The food was hot and tasty. It was ready as soon as I arrived. It took me just over 10 minutes to get there. Everything was packed well so it didn't spill in the car either. If you don't want to eat out, this is the way to go!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

My family and I have been visiting Rong Cheng ever since we found the place 7 years ago.

It is as others have described a hole in the wall, but worth a visit. On any given night you will find the phone ringing off the hook with take out orders. Lunch times are busy. The last time my wife and I ate in, there were a few Chinese families there (which is a good sign that the food is authentic).

The menu is extensive and even has some Thai dishes and Sushi, though we stick to the Chinese side of the menu.

Prices are reasonable and portions sizes generous. Service is always friendly and we usually have a great conversation with the owners.

My family and I would recommend Rong Cheng for Chinese food without hesitation. Try it and see for yourself...

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Avoid the "BBQ ribs". Not ribs at all. They came in tiny strips (size & length of a large paperclip). Tough as shoe leather. And tasted NOTHING like BBQ, more like black licorice. Waited 25 minutes for the meal and when I tried to send mine back, she insisted that I had to order something else...didn't want to refund my ticket even though I only ate 1 little strip and 1 bite of stale rice. I wasn't about to wait another half hour and take a chance on something else. My friend really liked her Walnut shrimp. And we got a kick out of Michael Jackson songs playing in a loop at a Chinese restaurant. Hold your bladder if you need to potty...nastiest bathroom I've seen since men's college dorm rooms.