“Bad Internet. unusable”

Ranked #47 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Bad Internet. unusable”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The hotel is in a great location for food and entertainment, I drive a large Vehicle and walking is the only way for me to go sometimes.
The front desk staff were very friendly and quick. the rooms are large and comfortable and very well decorated. large screen LCD TV's.
The hotel uses Ibhan for it's internet provider. this is a corporate things. It means low bandwidth to save money. At login you are told that D/L is 500kps U/L is 500kps.
What u get it 50-80kdps D/L and 30-100kpd U/L with a latency of 2000ms.
Now if you get up at 3am and login you will get about 400kps/300kps with a latency of 200ms, still not very fast.
so if your looking to surf the web be prepared to reload ur pages many times. don't try booking flights you'll get errors. Gaming is not possible at this Hotel.
someday some lawyer is going to get a class action siut going and sue these hotels for say that they have Hi-speed when they really don't. I'll be the first to sign on...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn on Colorado Springs on our way to Boulder this weekend. We arrived at about 9 pm and were delighted to find lots of late night dining options within walking distance of the hotel. Our room was very roomy and they offered a hot breakfast in the morning. We were five minutes from I-25, so the location was perfect. Free wireless internet too.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and the queen suite was very nice.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
gunvor
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were in Colorado SPrings for a figure skating event, and opted to stay in one of the 2 bedroom suites here and split it with one of her teammates and her mom. It worked out GREAT! The living room was large enough for both of the girls to sprawl out and do homework. THe kitchenette was fully equipped. And the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and different every morning while there. It was also an easy walk to the World Arena facilities, a Target, a movie theater and several restaurants. The room was cleaned every day, and the housekeeping crew did a great job working around all the girls' belongings! Excellent value!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gunvor
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Before I say anything else, I'll say I only paid $50 a night using price line (a risk that really paid off), so I wasn't expecting much. This place really surprised me. Rooms clean and spacious, kitchen fully equipped (including coffee and popcorn) and even though the property itself seems a little run down, the rooms have been renovated and are nice. The front desk guy was distracted and never really met my eye...but that was the only negative to this place. I'm usually picky about where I stay, but for what I paid this was an excellent value!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Theaterbelle
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Like most Residence Inn locations, this motel is very clean, located in an area close to local attractions, and had "happy hour". The staff were all courteous, had genuine smiles and willing to please.

Breakfast was similar each morning but varied, I.e. not the same fruit, meat, etc, and generally well prepared. The exception were the tortillas. They chewed like rubber.

I failed to ask which beer they had on tap, but it was very much to my liking. The wine was run of the mill, but acceptable. My wife enjoyed both the red and white.

My only bother was the same issue I have with most hotel's and that is the television quality. All rooms were equipped with decently rated Toshiba HDTV's, flat, thin, at least 720p, widescreen. However, there were absolutely NO (nada, nil, zilch, zero, nyet) HDTV channels available. I can understand not having, for example, premium channels like HBOHD, but over the air stations are available and free with HD content.

Also, we took advantage of the pay per view movie service, even though a movie theater is literally, across the street (the rooms ARE inviting and comfortable), and even that was not HD quality. I complained to the front desk, but alas, not many people seem to realize what HD fully entails.

In the case of Residence Inn, HD seems to be limited to an HDTV, a weak TV signal, and a stretched picture to remove the letter boxing effect resulting in fat squatted picture. I didn't get my money back for the poor quality movie.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms generally have no view as they are on the inside, away from parking and roadways.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Centerville, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,913 helpful votes
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We own several timeshare resorts and visit Vail and Breckenridge during August and ski season. A few years ago, Delta offered direct flights from Ohio to Colorado Springs, but no more.

We find overnighting at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South before and after our holiday in the Rockies provides a more pleasant trip.

Residence Inn Colorado Springs South offers central A/C and heating. Marriott Gold Elite members are upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. This is a very pleasant business property.

The Residence Inn hot breakfast buffet is not great, but satisfies.
Several restaurants are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Marriott Gold Elite members are upgraded to a one-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We spent two nights at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South while visiting the area. This hotel is definitely a 10! We were in a studio suite, and it was well-furnished and comfortable, the bed was great, the bath area was spacious and nice, and the kitchen was very handy. We could have cooked in the room, but there were several restaurants (and a shopping center) within walking distance and we were on vacation, so we ate out. The hotel had a large breakfast buffet, and it was very good; the entrees changed from one day to the next, which we really like.

The hotel is in a very nice area and convenient for visiting Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, the zoo, etc. It is just off I-25, but we did not notice any noise.

Denise was very friendly and welcoming--thanks, Denise! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Top floor is best if you like it quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family