“It's unique. A cemetery for beloved police dogs”

K-9 Cemetery / Military Working Dogs Cemetery
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

If you are visiting Clark stop by at the K-9 (military police dogs) cemetery. While Clark was a US Air force Base the police dogs were given ceremonial burials and their own graves and cemetery. It's nicely maintained and unique.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

i saw this and my husband was suprised he didn't knew that we have this kind of cemetery like in US. I love dogs, and it great that we take care of them even in afterlife.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

I travel past the K-9 Cemetery probably 8 times a month. It always appears to be well maintained and the markers are in good shape. It's worth a stop, if only for a few minutes to pay tribute to our four legged warriors that served with unwavering loyalty and dedication. Does my heart good knowing that the AF made a place for these warriors to be laid to rest in a proper place.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had the privilege of working as a Military Dog Handler at Clark AFB back in the early 80's. I would love the opportunity to return to see this grave site which was not there when i served at the base. I remember the kennels fondly and would not change my experience there for anything. I spent many a night at the nearby Elephant Cage just me and my dog in the middle of a grassy field keeping intruders from crossing onto the base. It is a shame that the grave site is in such bad shape and i would clean it up myself if i was able to be there i peomise you that. Please do not feel sorry for these wonderful dogs as they had a great working life and the country was so beautiful. I worked several dogs during my stay there and please believe me that the dogs loved being taken out on post each night. There were 150 active duty dogs at the kennels during my time at the base and it was an incredible site to see. I loved being a K9 Handler and want anyone who makes the trip to this area to know that so many dogs served on that very spot and so many handlers had so much love for their dogs that it must be remembered for the good things it did for the mission. No bad thoughts, only good memories.

24  Thank jim p