All reviews front desk double shower animal statues western colorado great place to stay beds were very comfortable small town yogurt long drive pool and hot tub great breakfast the breakfast area home away from home hot breakfast craig colorado nice room night's sleep
Reviewed September 25, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for the last night of our road trip. It's a beautiful hotel, with lovely rooms. The bed and pillows were great, the room had a large flat screen TV and a comfy chair by the bed with a foot rest for TV viewing or reading. The full, hot breakfast in the morning was amazing! Eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, cereals etc. The best breakfast we've every had at any hotel! Service and staff also wonderful. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kerry M, Owner at Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Dear Linda S.,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel!

We couldn't ask for a better review, you captured everything that our property offers as well as the great staff we have. As the only local owners of a major brand in the Craig, Colorado market, it is very important to us to take care of all of our guests. After all, we are in the hospitality business, we don't just sell our rooms as commodities only.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you are out this way.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

For a reasonable rate, I booked a very nice and clean king suite with a small kitchen and seating area for three of us. (2 adults and a child).
I used the laundry but the washing machine wasn't working so well and the dryer couldn't handle the really wet clothes. The front desk staff said she would use the hotel dryer to help us out. We were leaving the next day and I guess we could have gone to a laundry in town so she really helped us out. Thank you! Upon leaving that next day, 6 or 7 bikers from Alberta Canada left their coffee cups scattered in the parking lot as they roared away. I told the front desk about the trash and they quickly cleaned up the mess left by our northern neighbors.
This hotel cares and I would recommend.

Room tip: #202 - King suite with small kitchen
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kerry M, Owner at Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Zinniaqueen,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel!

I am happy to hear that our staff were able to take care of your needs while you were with us, and that you enjoyed our beautiful and very clean accommodations.

I am sorry that our washer seemed to have been temperamental while you were here. We just had the repairman here, assuring us it was fixed, with an almost $1,000 repair bill. We will certainly check to see what caused you a challenge and make sure it is taken care of immediately.

We are very fortunate to have a great staff that work for us, that do indeed care about our guests as well as our property. I am glad they were made aware of the wayward coffee cups and immediately took care of the debris.

We do hope we can host you again on your next trip out our way.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

This is my first, and perhaps only, visit to Craig, Colorado and we made reservations to stay at the Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites using my rewards points. We had some difficulty checking in as the computers seemed to be acting up and making it impossible for the clerk to find our reservation. Finally, after about ten or fifteen exhausting minutes, we were checked in and given a welcome package of cookies, a granola bar and a couple of bottles of water. The double queen room seemed very small to me; perhaps that is their way of keeping the heating and A/C costs to a minimum. The breakfast room is only open from 5 am until 9 am (pretty early hours) and the offerings were some of the plainest and simplest that I've encountered in a Best Western. There were scrambled (powdered?) eggs, breakfast potatoes, and the last link sausage. I also acquired a raspberry yogurt and a glass of apple juice to go along with the regular coffee (decaf is available at the front desk). There was the ubiquitous waffle iron, but I didn't make use of it on this occasion. The building and grounds are extremely well-maintained and squeaky clean; I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is a fairly new property. In addition, there are (iron?) many statues of various animals (deer, elk, moose, bear, mountain lion, etc.) well-placed in strategic locations and the room decor is designed to match the rustic, lodge theme. But, again, everything is immaculate. Although the check-out time isn't until noon, housekeeping dropped by about 9:30 am to see if we were still in the room. I don't think the hotel was that full last night so a simple check with the front desk would have confirmed our presence in the room. Finally, there is a small pool, but no fitness center on the premises (they have an arrangement with a nearby establishment). All things considered, this is a nice hotel but, as I've found in similar situations, I don't understand the "Plus" designation - but, I'll give them an "A" for effort and the benefit of the doubt. I recommend this hotel and I will stay here again if I have the chance to.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kerry M, Owner at Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear JEddleman,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel!

In an ever advancing technical world, sometimes we do seem to be at the mercy of high functioning computers that are even more powerful than the computers first installed on not only the British and French Airways Concorde Airplane but also the American Space Shuttles. While impressive in their capabilities, they certainly can be temperamental as well. My apologies that you experienced a minor issue that took a few minutes to reboot the system.

On your travels, you will find more hotel rooms our size as well as smaller. The foot print for our hotel is the standard size for properties built in the late 1990's. We built our hotel in 1996, with an opening date of January 3, 1997. Thank you for the compliments of thinking we are a fairly new property. As owners and operators, along with our very dedicated staff, we all work very hard to keep our property in like new condition, offer the latest amenities in the hotel business, constantly remodel to stay abreast with hospitality trends, as well as keep it in the cleanest and best shape possible. I personally maintain all the landscaping at our hotel and thoroughly enjoy it since it is a labor of love for me. I just wish our growing season was a little bit longer!

Our breakfast is very important to us and all of our hotel guests. After receiving so many wonderful compliments on our breakfast that morning, your observations certainly gives us concern for the disparity from other guests we hosted that day. I assure you we use the freshest of ingredients available to us and would NEVER serve powdered eggs. We actually have expanded breakfast hours compared to most properties, that only open from 6 am to 9 am during the week. We expanded our hours from 5 am to 9 am simply because wanted to be able to accommodate all of our guests and their unique schedules. The room itself is open the entire day.

We do offer a noon check out time to also aid in guests that like to sleep in while many hotels actually have an 11 am check out time. If you do not wish housekeeping to knock on your door earlier than that, whether you are with us or any other hotel, please place your Do No Disturb sign on your door to indicate you are still in the room. Most of our guests actually do depart before 8 am because we are primarily in a business market, and we did run almost 95% occupancy the night that we hosted you.

Thank you for mentioning our great pool. We do have a beautiful pool area that is scaled to the perfect size for a 42 room property. There is simply no need for an Olympic size pool at our hotel. We are fortunate that our Fitness Club across our parking lot enables us to have special complimentary privileges for all of our hotel guests. This is a great advantage because of the wealth of top notch offerings they have in equipment as opposed to the limited selection most smaller hotels can afford.

We do hope we will get the chance to host you again on your next trip out here in Northwest Colorado. There is so much to see and experience that it simply cannot be achieved in one visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We travel for a living. The staff went way above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to roll out the red carpet.
Thank you Alyssa and crew for the best hotel stay we've ever had! Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel is now the bar by which we measure hotels. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfy, and the customer service was off the charts!

Date of stay: September 2018
Kerry M, Owner at Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear Ken L.,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of our hotel!

It was indeed a pleasure to host you while you were here in Craig, Colorado.

Thank you for recognizing our great staff. As the only locally owned major brand hotel in this market, we all strive to offer our best hospitality to all of our hotel guests because after all, we are in the hospitality business!

We have consistently worked at keeping our hotel the newest with all the latest amenities the industry has to offer, as well as to keep our overall product up to date with the best in the way of high quality pillow top beds, 42" and 45" Samsung Smart TV's, dual head massage shower heads, and a host of other offerings.

We wish you all the best in your travels, and look forward to when we might have the opportunity to host you again while traveling through Craig, Colorado.

Best wishes to you and your group!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

A very modern hotel in a complex of hotels on the outskirts of town. Well serviced room and very pleasant staff. The outside area was decorated with some amazing animal statues. Pleasant Breakfast but no evening meals or bar.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kerry M, Owner at Best Western Plus Deer Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear PHE22,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel!

We have done our best to keep our hotel up to date and new with all the latest designs and amenity packages. Thank you for noticing!

We do have a terrific staff that take wonderful care of our guests as well as our property.

It has been a labor of love as the only local owners of a major hotel brand in this market to offer the best product here.

We hope to see you again on your next visit out our way.