Inn at Crested Butte
The Elevation Hotel & Spa(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Pool
Grand Lodge Crested Butte(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$135
Elk Mountain Lodge(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$193
Lodge at Mountaineer Square(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$159
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

Crested Butte International Lodge & Hostel(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
The Nordic Inn(Crested Butte)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$184
Cristiana Guesthaus(Crested Butte)
WestWall Lodge(Crested Butte)
TripAdvisor
Crested Butte Retreat(Crested Butte)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsyogurthot tubthe main streetwithin blocksin townhard boiled eggsdefinitely stay here againcomplimentary winenext morningelk avenuecomfortable bedenglish muffinsrestaurants and shopsski resortevery morningeasy walkcookies
Reviewed March 29, 2017

My husband and I were returning guests at The Inn at Crested Butte. We absolutely love the staff & the atmosphere. Everything from the over sized king beds, wonderful breakfast to the absolutely breathtaking views.
Particularly, on this visit, we were unfortunately in a room that happened to be damaged over night from snow/ice falling from the roof! However, the hotel staff was SO kind & moved us immediately. We had our small dog with us, so they were able to accommodate us indefinitely. It was such a wonderful experience & I cannot wait to come back!
Thank you for having us!

Room Tip: Balcony View, second floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

Wow, where to start with this one. It began well enough. The hotel called me in the middle of the day to find out when I'd be arriving and to give me the after hours information, which I thought was very considerate and boded well for the level of service. I called later to confirm I'd be arriving after hours and the person I spoke with was very friendly and professional. I arrived well after dark and got settled with no issues, although the path to the side door was very dark and I worried about tripping on something I couldn't see. The room was nice, but awfully small, with no chair, no table, and no thermostat. But for a generally expensive ski town it seemed reasonable, the bed was comfy and it was dead quiet, so I thought I was in for a nice stay.

Things went south in the morning. First off, the conditioner dispenser was empty. Not even kind of a big deal, but for the price (and the "upscale boutique" claim) you'd think they'd pay attention to that kind of thing. Then when I went to ask where the guest laundry was I was told there wasn't one, even though it's listed as an amenity on the site I booked with. Again, not a huge deal, but really inconvenient because I'm on a cross-country road trip and use my hotel stays to take care of things like laundry. I specifically checked to make sure it was offered, so needless to say I was surprised it wasn't. I asked if there was concierge service, which I was willing to pay for, and was again told there wasn't, despite the laundry bag hanging in the closet. The desk clerk basically laughed it off and offered no solutions. "Not that I know of," came out of her mouth when I asked her if she was sure there was no laundry of any kind, at the hotel or in town. "We're under new management so I dunno." For all I know there is a laundry room, laundry service and a laundromat around the corner, but she wasn't going to try to find out for me (turns out there's a laundromat in Gunnison, but I wouldn't find that out until the end of the day, and no thanks to the clerk).

Anyways, I go back to my room, figuring I'll wash a few essentials in the sink and deal with the rest later. Then I try to make a coffee, and discover that not only is the coffee machine held together with electrical tape, not only does it not work, but there is a used coffee packet still in it.

At this point the multiple, otherwise minor, issues have added up and I'm pretty annoyed. Figuring I'm not getting what I paid for, I decide I need to relocate. I go to the front desk to cancel the rest of my stay and am bluntly told to take it up with the people I booked with. No apology. No attempt to rectify the situation or retain my business or at least make it easy so I don't leave with an even worse impression than I already have. Just one big shrug. I ask for a manager, and I'm told she'll "try to text him." Then I'm told he's not coming in until 11 and I'll have to wait around for him, as if I have nothing better to do with my day. Then I overhear her quoting someone on the phone a rate that was considerably less than what I'd paid for the same room. I return the key despite nothing having been solved, and she finally apologizes for the inconvenience, as if that somehow makes up for the fact that she couldn't be bothered to actually do something about it before it came to this.

I'm normally an incredibly patient traveller, but this was unbelievable. The clerk not only made no attempt to solve my problem, she was incredibly rude, shrugged off my concerns, and refused to deal with me personally. When my agent called to get my money back, she claimed she had tried to help me, and justified the state of my room by saying they only had one housekeeper. It took over an hour before my agent was finally able to get management on the phone. When my agent called me back later even she commented on how unhelpful the clerk was. I'm not sure who I spoke with before I arrived, but he was incredibly pleasant, and it's a shame to think that this one clerk might be the only reason my visit went sour.

Long story short, what was supposed to be a cozy mountain getaway and a break from the road ended up being the biggest hassle of my vacation, wasted most of a day, and left me stressed out and frustrated. The worst part is that this could all have been avoided if the clerk had at least pretended to care *before* I'd decided to leave. Absolutely unacceptable service. Absolutely not recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Mr_Moray
Reviewed March 18, 2017

Very nice older boutique hotel. Easy walk to the bus for skiing or into town for dinning. Would have been 5 stars if there had been a way to regulate the heat in the room other than opening the windows. Breakfast could have been better and served a little earlier.

Room Tip: Get the king room with the balcony for a comfortablee bed and a great view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2017

stayed here recently after always staying up near the MTN. The room was fairly nice but we discovered that the entire hotel is centrally heated and that the rooms get awfully hot at night with no ability to do anything besides open the window. Outside of that, the room was clean, comfortable and all priced compared to everything else in CB. Also love the location ... Main Street is a couple of blocks away so it's easy to walk to dinner or nightlife.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2016

If it wasn't for the overall cleanliness of the hotel I would give it a poor rating. The hotel looks nice and the bed and linens were nice as well but that's about where things stop.

Both window blinds in our room were broken, one was missing the wand to adjust the blind pitch, the other had a slat missing, the window has a note saying do not operate because it's broken. The carpet had threads missing (looks like maybe they got twisted up into a vacuum cleaner), the sink stopped was broken off, the toilet lid was missing a bumper on it, the tub faucet tended to leak and required work to get it to shut off completely, the shower head mode control leaks as well.

Breakfast? There was basically stale bagels/English muffins or stale cereal, really a joke of a breakfast and the orange juice dispenser had the tab broken off of the valve making it difficult to dispense. The funny thing is breakfast was served on very fancy dishes. I would have been happy with disposable plates and much nicer breakfast than the other way around.

The hot tub was not accessible at all, we were told it was too dangerous due to ice or snow on the roof and even if we had used it the deck was so covered with ice and show it would have been a hazard just walking around the hot tub.

Finally it was laughable that they had a really nice Sony Bravia TV but someone turned the zoom mode or something on so the picture only used about 1/2 - 2/3 of the screen but since it had a simple remote there was no way to fix the picture issue.

As someone else said this hotel has great potential but the lack of maintenance and the poor amenities leave a whole lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Rooms to the south have a balcony towards the parking lot
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple