All reviews yogurt hot tub within blocks in town the main street continental breakfast air conditioner hard boiled eggs complimentary wine definitely stay here again next morning elk avenue rooms are small restaurants and shops ski resort every morning cookies
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

The Inn at Crested Butte is lovely but reminds me of a pencil in serious need of sharpening. I checked in with my family into a room with a king bed and sleeper sofa. The room isn't large but comfortable enough. Much to our surprise we discovered that the sleeper sofa was broken after getting back to our room that night. When I reported this to the front desk in the morning
they told me "we know." I was left wondering why they put us there. The king bed was very comfortable but my children reported the broken sofa was extremely uncomfortable. They recommend future guests try the floor instead.

I was not able to enjoy the complementary wine from 5p -6p so I cannot comment on that service but the idea is attractive!

After our evening out the family went out to the hot tub. The view of the stars was spectacular. However, the water was only 100. When I checked back in the morning it was up to a very enjoyable 104.

The breakfast is very nice. Bagels, muffins, quiche, bacon, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, and yogurt. It was disappointing to see the one staff on duty sitting and watching the tv in the lobby rather than paying attention to guests. When it was pointed out that the coffee carafe was empty to appeared to take an incredibly long time to brew more. The lack of anticipating this left no less than 4 coffee-seeking guests frustrated. Surely the coffee runs out every morning. Having a plan and paying attention isn't that hard.

While I enjoyed breakfast I flipped through the guest book and wasn't surprised to see a wide range of comments there. Read for yourself as I included a picture.

In general, the town is amazing and the Inn has world-class potential. However, as is, it's frustrating. The staff needs to start paying attention to the details. If they do that I would race back. For now I would strongly suggest asking a lot of questions before booking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank rbolin_99
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We recently (July) spent two nights at the Inn in Crested Butte. It was a great location, you could easily walk downtown to see all the sights, and they had adequate parking. And the continental breakfast was adequate but nothing special. But the room was really dated and basically run down. There was an old window air conditioner that made a lot of noise. And the other window was sealed shut. So you either had to put up with a loud air conditioner or a stuffy room. One of the handles in the sink was loose. And the metal switch that turns the bath into a shower fell off. The sheets were dirty (blood stains, incredibly gross!), and unfortunately when we went to bed and discovered this, it was 10:05 pm. The front desk is closed after ten, so we called the after hours number provided. Nobody called back for almost 40 minutes, so my wife wandered around, found the laundry room (which was filthy) and was able to come up with clean sheet change ourselves. One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 21!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gjoopiter
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I would rate this less than 1 if I could. $300 dollars for a room with a view, what a joke! Lady at visitors center commented "oh my" when I told her where we were staying. Bad part of village, no views.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank globalpilot22
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Recently spent 4 nights at the Inn at Crested Butte. Not a good experience. Beds were lumpy, soft and uncomfortable. Rooms were dark with a funny smell. Windows painted shut so we couldn't let in the cool mountain air. Hot tub was not operating. Breakfast was just basic - stale bagels & donuts, hard boiled eggs, yogurt. Cookies were available the first night but not after - people were asking for them - "the girl forgot to make them this morning." Wi-Fi didn't work the entire time we were there. Staff said "they are working on it." Several guests who were trying to work from the Inn couldn't connect and were very frustrated. In this day and time, skimping on Wi-Fi is not a smart way to save money. All of this for over $250 a night. No attempt at customer service at all. The only good thing about this place is the location which is within blocks of the main street. Paradise restaurant is great for breakfast - we ate there every day since the breakfast at the inn was so sparse. We love Crested Butte but will not be back to this inn. There are better choices.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Southerngal27
Reviewed July 6, 2017

Referring to this establishment as "A Boutique Hotel" is a bit of a stretch. Except for its location there is very little else to recommend. Front desk service, yes, but hospitality or a smile, not so much. Breakfast yes, but warm orange juice and ice cold boiled eggs, meh. Room was sparsely furnished, and toiletries were from refillable dispensers. Overall, poor value for the "boutique" price.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple