“Good food but...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The food I had was good and inexpensive but they should pay more attention to detail. I had beef tacos. What was strange was that they came with soup or salad as a side dish along with chips and salsa. The salad was huge and the tacos also had salad on the plate. The soft taco shells were very hard to cut ( there was too much meat to fold them). There was also rice and refried beans included.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and oh my gosh the food was amazing! The cheese burger was seriously the best chicken have ever had! I also ordered the clam chowder I thought a cup got a huge bowl and it was creamy and delicious. Our waitress was so nice! I will go back!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews from others about Maggie’s Restaurant, my husband and I decided to give it a try on a weekend trip to Cripple Creek. We ate there on Friday evening, March 16th, around 6:00 pm. The staff was very friendly, and overall, the service was good. My husband ordered a burger, and I ordered a patty melt. However, both of us thought our sandwiches were pretty greasy and bland tasting. In addition, the edges of our table were a bit sticky and the dining room, in general, seemed much darker and dingier than the pictures we saw online. If we ever travel back to the area, we will give another restaurant a try.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

My husband and I sat at the bar and had a fun time with "Cathy" the bartender. This restaurant is not near the casino so it is very quiet. The food was good and the service excellent. Don't by-pass the house wine. It's $3 a glass and quite good. We each had a steak dinner. Mine was over cooked so it was sent back and replaced. My husband's was also overcooked but he continued to eat his. The manager removed his dinner from our ticket even after we objected. I had the most decadent dessert of white chocolate mouse with strawberries and strawberry drizzle for $2!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Our trips to Colorado always have to include a local culinary delight, green chili. Not aware that the Ice Festival was going on we had to skirt the town center since everything was blocked off. So it’s by chance we found this place. On the edge of town off hwy 67 is the Colorado Grand Casino where Maggie’s is housed. They don’t skimp on portions and the beers and wine are reasonably priced. The green chili is just right, not over the top hot. Get off the beaten path and give them a try.

Date of visit: February 2018