“Brunchtastic”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great brunch place, although the lines on the weekend can be oppressive. The cajun style is awesome. Definitely try the beignets, and can also highly recommend the eggs benedict

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wish I'd had a second stomach when I had brunch at Lucille's! My husband and I started off with the beingets and then shared the French toast and shrimp and grits. The shrimp and grits came with a delicious buttermilk biscuit, which we demolished. The service was so fast, not what I'm used to at a crowded breakfast place. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

This place is just a fun spot to take out of towners. I love the Cajun fare here. The bisquit alone is enough to fill you up. I get it with the Sausage Gravy and it is devine. I love their home made ketchup and jams too. The Shrimp and Grits are enough for two. Bloody Mary's, common!!! Get here early or plan on waiting by the fire pit. Parking is limited, Uber might be a good option. Always take out of town guests here at least once.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Went to Lucille's for brunch a couple of years ago, it was great! Not any more. Went last weekend. Really lousy. Eggs overcooked, cheese grits barely warm and with a "skin" layer on them ,meaning they were left for a long time. Andouille sausage just tasted like a spicy hot dog (and looked like one) was totally overcooked, dry and cold; obviously cooked much earlier and left to dry out, then overcooked again. Biscuits were good though and the waitress was nice. I don't mind pricey breakfasts/brunches if they are good but Lucille's? ...No more

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Huge crowd. We sat at the short bar instead of waiting for a table. Great conversation. The food was awesome. Good beignets with all kinds of homemade jellies. Huge biscuits. We had the gumbo and rice pudding . Absolutely have a Bloody Mary!

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Lucile's Creole Cafe? Share your experiences!