“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Denver
College Station, Texas
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I reserved a room for one night at the Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport while on a business trip. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even when I needed to change my reservation due to flight cancellations. The room was absolutely fantastic - quiet, clean, spacious, and extra amenities! I appreciated the free parking. This hotel was very close to the airport. The continental breakfast was average but acceptable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa C
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Lisa C, thank you very kindly for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. We try to be as flexible as possible, we know flights can change at the drop of a hat, we strive to keep your hotel stay with us as stress free as we can. I will definitely pass along to my team to keep up the great work and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Denver
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stay at Staybridge ever time we have morning flights out of DIA airport. The front desk staff is usually very pleasant and helpful (something very rare for most hotels). Parking is much less expensive than at the nearby airport parking lots, enough to pay the cost of the hotel room on trips over 10 days. The rooms are ultra-clean, they offer a good breakfast in the morning, the exercise room is OK, the free airport shuttle is on-time, etc. There are several restaurants within walking distance. I like everything about the hotel. We used to stay at the Embassy Suites but Staybridge is much friendly and a MUCH better value.

Woodland Park
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was the best thing that ever happened to us in our fights out of DIA. We had book a room the night before our fight, due to the flight was early the next morning & from home it was a two & a half hours drive. When we got to Staybridge they were courtious & asked if we new they had a shuddle to & from the airport even if we didn't stay with them. We told them no, but that we thought the Pike Peak was full due to the holidays. It worked out wonderfully. It was so convenient, they took you to the airport, gave you a business card to call them when you returned from your trip. We called them up & they picked us up within ten minutes.
We have told lost of your friends & family about this, just can't say enough good about it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
Lorton
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel is one of a cluster of large hotels right by the Denver Airport. There are several restaurants close by. I stayed here 3 nights and was upgraded to a nice corner suite. The hotel is clean, has a free breakfast bar with waffles, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, cereal, fruit and yogurt. On at least Tuesday nights they have a complimentary happy hour which seems to draw a number of people. The happy hour includes chips, cheese, and sliced meat, so you could theoretically survive there only buying yourself lunch. The food was good, not outstanding, but ample. The internet connectivity was very good. The staff was very pleasant and eager to please. My only complaint was that I did not get a wake-up call two out of the three nights I asked for it. That is the only reason I ranked the service only average.

Room Tip: I had a room on the main thoroughfare and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
David B,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the very good! Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.
Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
IHG Care
Belfast
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Easily accesible airport hotel with excellent shuttle service. Rooms are nice, warm and clean. Staff are helpful and it is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you, una1982, thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. I will definitely pass along the kind words to my staff. We hope to see you again here at the Staybridge Suites!
Orange, California
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I lived here for two weeks on business.

The Good: The hotel was very clean, has a nice laundry facility, a generous breakfast offering, large rooms. The suites have a wetbar. Each room has two TV's with what seemed like 100 channels, dvr, with one in the bedroom and the other in the living room. Both were located on a turntable for optimal viewing from a distance. Bed was comfortable, closet and bathroom a decent size. Full size refrigerator, smallish stove (too scared to use it) coffemaker, dishes, utensils and towels. Wi-Fi connection is very good. Small exercise facility conveniently located next to the laundry room with a TV, so you can work out while washing your clothes. Room temp control is a bit confusing at first, but worked very well once I figured it out.

Location: You are in the middle of nowhere. There is a small shopping center with a King Sooper grocery store 5 miles down the road also a sportsbar and a handful of small restaurants nearby. Most are not within walking distance especially if freezing out. For a long term stay, I would definitely rent a car, and parking is ample. Apparently, there is a liquor law in CO, and you can only purchase certain types of alcohol (wine) at various hours and only at liquor stores.

The Bad: TV went out in the living room (but I had another in the bedroom), housekeeping is supposed to do a light cleaning daily and missed 3 days out of my two weeks even after I informed the front desk. The rooms by the pool smell like Chlorine, so I moved.

The Real Bad: The shuttle. You need to sign up at the front desk to claim your spot. If not, you are left behind, ESPECIALLY if coming from the airport to the hotel. We had to compete with the airline crews and those that used the hotel for long term parking. There are 3 shuttles, but they only use one and are WELL AWARE of this problem. They don't care if you are standing in the freezing cold -14 degree wind chill with wet snow. Well, at least one driver in particular didn't. Average time for a shuttle to pick us up was 25 minutes.

The front desk has one gal we nicknamed Sour Puss. All the other folks were very friendly and helpful.

The second group coming in opted to stay at the Country Inn Suites due to the shuttle debacle. Other than the bad, overall it was a nice pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Suite if available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear sfuji1,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is such a great tool for travelers such as you. I use it every time I travel.

As an extended stay guest, it is great you had an opportunity to use so many of our amenities. I never really thought of the benefit of being able to do your laundry while you work out due to the closeness of the two spaces, great tip.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the extensive tv line up. I think that is a great benefit to extended stay travelers. It makes it more like home.

I am sorry we missed servicing your room on a few different occasions. I will do some follow up with my team on that item. The Staybridge Suites process is that we do a light touch in your room Mon-Fri and a full clean one of those days. We do not service rooms on the weekend unless you request is, then we are happy to light touch or full service. It sounds like we may have missed it a couple other times, I am so sorry about that.

In terms of the shuttle, I am so sorry you had a bad experience with the shuttle. We do request that our guests sign up for the shuttle, this ensures we have enough space on the shuttle and don't have guests scrambling at the last minute to get a spot. If a shuttle is full, we will try to accommodate a guest at another time slot. We do have multiple shuttles but run only one most of the time as that seems to be enough for our guests and allows us to provide consistent shuttle service. Our goal is to be at the airprot within 30 minutes of your call. Our front desk team tries to give you an ETA for the driver so you do not have to wait outside in the cold. Again, I do apologize if your shuttle experience did not meet your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and we will look into your concerns a bit more to see if there is anything we can do to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is not only helpful to other travelers but to us as well.
Amy K Melcher
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I had to check in overnight after a spinal tap at the University of Colorado. We
were able to check in early. I could not figure out the coffee pot ( my error ) and
I called the front desk. Within three minutes Housekeeping arrived with a new
pot as well as a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The hotel in fairly new, very clean.
Breakfast buffet the best I've ever had....scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit
waffles, all types of cereals, bread and muffins. Beautiful lobby with fireplace.
We booked a 1 bedroom suite. Just like home, living room, completely equipped
kitchen, nice bathroom, two very comfy double beds. Book here; you wont be
disapointed. Oh yes, I will be staying here again the end of the week just one
night before we leave on a cruise. Very close to the airport, free parking for
guests and shuttle both ways !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
jan1942woodland, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet. I will pass along compliments to my staff for their speedy assistance. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again at the end of the week!