New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Crowne Plaza Hotel Denver
Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“Okay for the Groupon price paid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

Paid $89 for a Groupon that included parking. Location is amazing. I have stayed here before and was a bit disappointed this time in the cleanliness of the room. There were large spots of a dark brown substance along with drips on the wall in the bathroom behind the door. Additionally, my son found candy under the bed. I was a bit irritated to hear the knock on the door from the housekeeper at 8 am on Sunday. The front desk staff was very nice and the food we had from the restaurant was good. You can hear everything. The walls are pretty thin.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank lorarose
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Lorarose,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Denver. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience. This is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. I will speak with the Executive Housekeeper in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. This hotel is very close to most of down town. It is also very close to a good selction of resturants.

Room Tip: rooms on the 16th floor and up have great views of the mountains
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I spent 3 nights here in mid-February 2012. I've read the other reviews. Yes, the elevator requires a card swipe to go to a floor but, I find this to be an excellent security feature and keeps unauthorized people off the floors. The lobby is not as luxurious as some would prefer but, it is a modern decor and a lobby is not something I am concerned about. The rooms had fabulous views and were quiet. While I was concerned being near the elevators and I spent much of my time working in the room, the room was a quiet, comfortable working environment. The hotel is walking distance (1-3 blocks) from many restaurants. For those who like cigars, there is an excellent cigar store on the same street only a block away. I do recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor to get the best views.
2 Thank DCTravels850
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I travel every week nearly to a different city and I come across a lot of hotels three to five star. I have to say that the staff of the Crowne Plaza was exceptional. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms are modern and clean. The location is convenient to shops, restaurants and the Convention Hall.

The service staff, from the doorman to the front desk staff were all exceptional. Having traveled to many countries, I've encountered great service -- the people at Crowne Plaza are top notch and were quite impressive. I have to especially comment on Kelly at the front desk, who was friendly, knowledgeable and sincere. I had a couple issues with a noisy group next door to my room and within minutes Kelly and her staff brought a new room key to me in my room, so I could switch rooms immediately and not even have to go to the front desk. I even asked to be accommodated for an extra half day - and of course the staff happily took care of it, for a very reasonable fee. The next day when I came down to ask some questions, they staff new when I was checking out, what I had requested the prior day and anticipated my request, without even having to remind them of my name or room number.

I don't normally stay at Crowne Plaza hotels, but eachtime I am in Denver, this particular hotel is going to be the place I stay at and recommend to my colleagues.

2 Thank BizTraveler1969
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 2 years. Whenever I have to go to Denver I stay at this Crowne Plaza. Walking distance to Convention Center, 16th street mall, many restaurants, etc. Great, clean hotel with very polite staff that always accomodate my room requests and help with directions, etc. I had a good view of the mountains from the 16th floor. Super Shuttle takes you right there from the Airport.

2 Thank J J
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here one night, while the Taste of Colorado was going on downtown Denver. We were close to everything!! We walked to the taste to Colorado, and saw lots of downtown attractions! The there is an outdoor pool that sits in the middle of lots of high rise buildings, but still has a great view. The room rate was very reasonable and the rooms are quite spacious!
If you ever want a reasonably priced hotel, in a great location, with great views and an outdoor pool, stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at this centrally located hotel recently. It is very well located just steps away from the 16th Street mall, the Peforming Arts Center and the Convention Center and only a few blocks from the museum of Fine Arts. Don't let the exterior apperance or the lobby put you off. Like much of Denver's Downtown buildings, there is elevated parking on the first few floors, so it feels like your are walking into a garage when you approach. The lobby itself if a complete mess of styles and materials with no theme to save it, but the staff is accomodating and first rate and the rooms are, though small, attractively decorated and well equiped. The bed we had was new and very comfortable. The windows do not open so there was no street noise but the wall unit AC unit was very loud. That was OK in the winter when it was mostly off, but it could be annoying in the Summer when it would run longer and harder.
We received a great rate from an internet consolidator. Parking was listed at $22 per night, but I parked on the street for $6 into a meter which accepted credit cards. There was ample private lot parking from $10 -15.

Room Tip: For a southern view you must be above the 12 floor to overlook an adjoining Parking Garage.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple