“Great Place to stay”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #66 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This was a surprise. It is more like an apt. complex than a hotel. It's modern, clean and comfortable. There is a fully-stocked kitchen and barb queue right outside the building. Parking is free and price was reasonable. They are currently remodeling and we were in one of the remodeled rooms. Hot water and plenty of it. There is a guest laundry on site and breakfast in the morning. One caution, there is a $75.00 pet fee. Standard for the downtown Denver area hotels. This one is right up the street from the main part of downtown and if you are up for a walk, about 20 minutes to the heart of 16th St. The only issue we had was the dog fee price and there was a very loud-walking individual until 3 am. Ask for a upper floor if you don't mind hauling your luggage up outside stairs.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor unless you don't like hauling your luggage up outside steps.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hi Joelle!

Thank you for your kind words about our property and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Denver! We are happy that you enjoyed our property and we are loving the feedback on the new rooms. Come on back to see us on your next trip out!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Denver Downtown

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a Rockies baseball game and this was the perfect place for us to stay! It was clean, roomy, and had the friendliest staff and shuttle driver, Don. They were extremely helpful in any questions we had, and had great recommendations for places to go and eat.They shuttled us to and from Coors Field. Great comfy rooms, great water pressure in the shower, and everything was very clean. I'd definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your stay! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Great location for access to Coors Field, Mile High Stadium & The Pepsi Center. Also easy access to I25 for traveling beyond the City. Rooms have all the necessary Amenities and the service is very good. I would skip the breakfast- while it is Free - not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Scott P,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Denver! I hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Denver! I will relay your comments to our breakfast team so that we can make the necessary improvements to our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Courtesy Van drivers very helpful and timely pick ups from restaurants! Clean rooms and hotel location only 1 minute from the heart of downtown.
Front Desk accommodating and good breakfast in the mornings!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We stayed here because it was much less expensive than the Convention Center Hotels and the parking is free. The Hotel has a shuttle that leaves every hour that will take you any where with-in three miles, but we generally walked the 1.6 miles to the Convention center. Close to the hotel, down 29th ave/15th street, there are a number of interesting shops and restaurants. The big REI store is also close by as well as parks, biking/walking trails.

Our room, was very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen, which we used just a little,had a full size fridge, stove, microwave, and adequate dishes pans, paper towels.

There were lots of electrical outlets in the room to recharged devices.

We had to walk a short way to get to the breakfast room which was the usual; milk, juice, Chiobani yogurts, cheese, oatmeal, fruit, waffles , eggs, and breakfast meats, breads, bagels.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly. When we needed extra towels they helped us right away.

I did not like the pillows or mattress, but my sister did.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda M
Rick A, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Linda M,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Denver and your stay at our hotel! I will pass along your feedback to our staff so that they will continue to provide outstanding service to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Great place! It had a comfy bed, kitchen w/ full fridge, dishwasher, stove, nice bathroom, walking distance to Pepsi center. Very clean and quiet. No issues! Okay breakfast, had cereal, box eggs? (Wierd texture), sausage and bacon, coffee, waffles, and bagels. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear BodyOfWater,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!

Happy travels!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting. First room we checked into smelled like stale beer, vomit, & sperm with a hint of Fabreeze in an attempt to cover the stench up. The carpeting looked as bad as the room smelled.
I brought my displeasure to the attention of the guy at the front desk, he did offer a change of rooms without hesitation and was very apologetic.
We switched rooms, at first we were just thrilled that the room did not smell and it "appeared" clean minus the carpeting again not looking much better than the prior room. As the evening progressed and we were walking around the room in our socks we noticed the bottom of our white socks were black from dirt and grime being picked up from the carpeting.
It was getting late and we had a big day of driving ahead of us so we just decided to deal with the gross conditions and hunker down. Anyway I had made the reservation through Orbitz and to the best of my knowledge could not get a refund.
I started to dismantle the sofa sleeper and discovered the fabric of cushions to feel like they had been doused in baby oil, they were grimy like the floor in front of a deep fryer at a restaurant. Once the mattress was unfolded it was evident that someone didn't wear their diaper to bed not too long ago.
Our room was a loft suite with two bathrooms, the upstairs bathroom was found later to have used towels behind the door.
My wife and daughter grossed out, everyone used the downstairs bathroom. After they finished their showers I took mine, as I was drying off standing in the shower something caught my eye above the mirror to the side of the sink. Upon closer inspection I found the object was a used hypodermic needle.
That was it, I was done! Got dressed, told my family to pack up, we were leaving with or without a refund. Told my wife to find a new hotel at 11:30pm and I went to the front desk.
Based on my experience that night I demanded a refund, they said that couldn't happen because I went through Orbitz, I was furious. I called Orbitz, they said hotel had already gotten paid and they could refund. I told Orbitz customer service I was going to come unglued if I had to go back to the front desk. Orbitz ended up taking care of it, and we got a great room across the street at the brand new Fairfield Inn.
This particular Residence Inn is pure filth, steer clear at all expense. You've been forewarned

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kip Z

Dear Kip Z,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at out property. It is concerning to hear the description of your room and the events upon your leaving it later that night. I can assure you that the experience you have described is not typical of our hotel and I have shared your feedback with our entire staff in order to ensure that this is not something any of our guests ever have to go through. I am glad that Orbitz customer service refunded you the amount you paid for the room and I certainly hope that based on your booking late at night at the Fairfield you did not incur any additional charges or a higher rate. If that is the case please contact me and I would be happy to refund the difference to you. I would love to hear any additional feedback you may have, and I would also like to invite you back to our hotel after we complete our renovation starting next week. I'm sure trip advisor readers would also love to hear your feedback on the new look after reading the above review!

Thank you again for telling us about your stay, brief though it was. I sincerely hope to see you back here with us after we complete our renovation.

Happy travels!