“Very quiet and homey”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 9 August 2017

When I first saw this hotel I was surprised. It is more like a condo than hotel. Although it is in a city surrounding, it is a very quiet place to stay. The location is conveniently located to many of downtown Denver's attractions. I would highly recommend this place to stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I stay with the Marriott brand frequently and I am a Gold Member of their program, so I was quite surprised when my stay at the Residence Inn Downtown was not as nice or as smooth as I had planned. I waited about 10 minutes to complete my check in, as the hotel was pretty full that evening. The front desk staff appeared untrained or unready to be working, with staff members each asking the others how to use their computer system, so in the end it was taking three people to do one check-in.
My real problem, however, was yet to come. My room was clean and with what a frequent traveler would know as the typical appointments of a Residence Inn. Then, a minute after I arrived, I heard the 'chirp' of a smoke detector low on battery power. I called the front desk to ask them to send maintenance to fix it. Well, three calls and over an hour of waiting later (with that annoying chirp every minute or so), they finally showed up. But instead of replacing the battery, they just ripped the smoke detector from it's power sources and left it dangling from the ceiling. I was told they were out of batteries, and that left me with this question... "If they are willing to disable their smoke detectors to stop them from working as they should, what other corners is this hotel willing to cut to save some bucks?" Perhaps things like washing the sheets after each stay or cleaning the dishes in the kitchen?
The experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth for a hotel that is NOT looking out for the safety of it's guests, not to mention that they were certainly breaking the fire code for the city of Denver! Now, I am not a great cook, so I avoided the kitchen and any chance at all of a fire in my suite, but still... those safety items are there for a reason!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear MtnWill,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I share your concerns regarding the disabling of important safety features in your guest room and I can assure you that is not our standard procedure. I will be investigating how this could have happened ensuring that we have the proper training to avoid instances like this in the future. We are currently replacing all of our in room smoke/co detectors as part of a normal schedule of replacement so this particular issue will have already been fixed.

If you have any further feedback we would love to hear it! We very much appreciate your business and look forward to having a second chance to impress on your next visit to Denver!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The staff are very helpful and the privacy of having an apartment with kitchen, office space and close parking in Denver is exceptional. Nice new furnishings and comfy bed. This is an area of Denver known by locals to have unique and terrific restaurants. Not far from downtown and shuttle will take you in a 3 mile radius of hotel. .

Room Tip: Decide if you want a ground floor or some exercise climbing stairs to the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations along with the highlands neighborhood. We willow forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Denver!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

After being at Residence Inn for several weeks in a work trip, only good words come to mind referred to Hotel staff. Apartments are spacious for one person. Kitchen is complete although cookware is somehow limited. Some rooms needs some updates. Breakfast is OK, not many options, but enough. In summary I was very comfortable and staff is really helpful.

Stayed: June 2017
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!

Happy travels!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I picked this Marriott by location within walking distance of downtown (relative to what some consider walking distance). But I was caught off guard by the friendliness of the staff and that they had a free shuttle for a 3 mile radius. I was planning on Uber but the shuttle service was a nice extra savings, fast, friendly & great on those day I found it 90+. Another surprise was the free breakfast which is basic but got the job done in a friendly clean environment. Our room was clean and comfortable. Tight for a family of 4 (our kids are older 17+) but I knew that ahead of time. Having the kitchen was helpful as well to save $$$ for snacks & such. Definitely going back to Denver & staying here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Matt R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how your stay went. We are all thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you and the family on your next trip out!

Happy travels!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I wish I liked this place better. The reason I wish I did is the front desk staff was truly awesome. Friendly, prompt, helpful-every interaction felt like hospitality with a purpose.

Our room (2 BR with a loft) was OK. Everything was in order, but well-used. Nothing really sparkled. With a family it is good to have space, but our room's layout made it hard to congregate and it didn't feel very cozy. The larger appliances were in good order, but the smaller appliances and cookware appeared to be reaching the end of their service lives. The only real positive about the room was the darkness provided by the sturdy curtains. Nobody woke up because of light. That said, many of us woke up throughout the night from the blaring sounds of emergency vehicles. It's hard to recommend this to somebody who is a light sleeper. For those inclined to sleep through anything, this shouldn't be a problem.

The pool was very small but served its purpose. The sidewalls are pretty rough and four of the six children in our company cut themselves on them. The staff (again, the heroes in our story) kept the area well stocked with fresh towels.

The parking lot had a lot of noticeable debris and some of the spaces or avoided because of glass or other objects.

If I were to come to town on business for an extended period of time I would consider staying here again. I don't think I will come back with a family.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Underyourradar,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I am sorry to hear that we didn't quite meet your expectations during your time here with us. Your feedback about our staff will be passed along to them so that they may continue providing that even of service to all of our guests! I will also relay your comments about the property to our maintenance staff to see what we can do about addressing these issues. I certainly hope that you will give us a second chance to impress on your next trip to Denver. If there is anything further that we can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Ideal location near the downtown area. They provide a shuttle to almost all downtown areas. Many of the rooms have renovated. Very nice and quiet area of town Will most defiantly use this hotel again Great welcoming staff also.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Rick A, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will relay your feedback to my staff, they will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Come back to see us the next time you are in Denver!