1,577 results
All reviews wine hour panzano restaurant happy hour street mall complimentary wine mini bar attached restaurant valet staff king bed valet parking coors field larimer square heart of downtown upon check union station convention center goldfish
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here hoping to have a nice stay for our anniversary. We requested a view as this was our first trip to Denver. We had a view of the parking garage next door. :-( We didn't get any sleep because people on our floor were up talking and yelling in the halls. I called the front desk after an hour (I should have called sooner) to complain and I guess someone checked on them shortly after because it got quiet for a little while. Then we had a mysterious hang up call to our room that woke me us up again. Then the noise started up again for most of the night again. We tried to sleep as we had to leave at 5:30 am for our flight, but we didn't get to. Upon check out we were not asked how our stay was but I spoke up and said we didn't get any sleep. No apologies but we were told that they had to "kick out" the rowdy people. Unfortunately it was done too late. I think hotels should monitor their floors for quiet since that is really why people check in there...to sleep. I wish we had stayed somewhere else because our lack of sleep really ruined our day.
I gave the hotel 2 points because the room was stylish and clean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChrisG7277, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Justwantagoodsleep,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Perfection is always what we are after and clearly this stay fell short of that for you. I am extremely sorry and disappointed in the misses, they will be addressed. I know you reached out to us directly as well and we will work to make this right for you. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future for a much improved stay. All the best!

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

This was a top-rate experience from start to finish. We loved the beautiful lobby, spacious & lovely rooms (not “Cookie-cutter” hotel decor), exceptional service from the friendly front desk staff, a cute cow, & complimentary wine reception from 5-6 w/free chair massages. The location was perfect - close to 16th St mall & walkable to Union Station. The beds are sooooo comfortable & they even sent up cupcakes & a personalized note for my birthday. Plus - best shower ever. Ever. And I never cared about bath products until now - theirs were the best. I usually stay at high end chain brands but this boutique experience was the best ever - I will come here again & again. Amazing!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rebelbelleLosAngeles

rebelbelleLosAngeles,

Thank you for this fantastic review. All of the things you mentioned about the hotel are what we love and find unique as well. The newly renovated rooms have finishes that are difficult to find anywhere else. We know you have endless options for celebrating the special occasion so we very much appreciate the opportunity to make the day special for you. Maybe it becomes an annual tradition? Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2018

We came to Denver to get away and celebrate our anniversary. I picked this hotel based on reviews and the location. This was our first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel. The Hotel was beautiful and our room was very nice, spacious, quiet and clean. We were able to relax quite a bit during our stay. We also enjoyed our time at both the bar and restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff there was great.

Yet, this place wasn't perfect. We felt the hotel staff was not very informative. We checked in late, after 10 pm, so when we got our key, not much was really said to us, other than our room number. I requested some upgrades a couple days before and I had to ask if we got any of them. She said, yes we got the executive suite upgrade only. I was surprised I had to ask; assumed the staff would have let us know what we got or did not get.
We got to our room and I was looking around for a binder or something to tell me all about the hotel amenities but found nothing. The TV channel guide said there was a Hotel Information Channel, but that had nothing as well. So we decided to talk to the front desk in the morning. Which we did but again really didn't get much information; just a printed page on how to hook up to wifi (more to come later about that) and other little things that were not much help. Long story short, we didn't know until later, after seeing other guest do it, we had to ask the front desk to get complimentary water, didn't know they offered adult beverages in the afternoon. Who knows what else we didn't know about. It would have been nice to know about these things right away. We just felt they didn't want to tell us about things like this.
The other issue we had wad the WiFi. They offer non-secure wifi to everyone, but we asked if we can get on a secure wifi. They gave us instruction, but they never worked. It told us to go to Kimptomwifi. com, or something like that but that always took up to the Kimpton website, nothing about hooking up to wifi. The front desk even told us they had wifi for apple devices. We tried that with our iPhone, but it kept asking for a password, which we never got that information. Overall the free wifi sucks and half the things we wanted to do on our phone did not work. I know wifi is petty, but it was still frustrating since we needed it for our laptop. Maybe it was more frustrating because we just felt the staff was not very helpful at all. If the staff is too busy to give information, at least have some in the room so we can look at our leisure.
Oh, the only issue we had with our room was the toilet. Every time we flushed, we had to hold the handle down until it went down, if we didn't it would not flush.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChrisG7277, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

LadyAlyssia,

Thank you for the review and for spending your special day with us. While I am happy to hear that certain elements of the stay you enjoyed, I am very sorry that the human connection left plenty to be desired. That is usually our specialty within this hospitality industry and something we take great pride in. In saying that, it will certainly be addressed as we look to be better next time, no excuses. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a much improved stay. All the best!

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

My first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel and I must say it was great experience. The hotel itself had a nice boutique feel to it. We stayed in the suite which was amazing. Lot of space and the bed was very comfy. The hotel had nice amenities like coffee/tea in the morning and afternoon wine tastings. Service and staff was great and very attentive. But the best thing about this hotel was its location. Right in the heart of downtown! Made it easy getting to restaurants and bars. Would stay again.

1  Thank 953flipn
ChrisG7277, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Flip N,

Welcome to the Kimpton club and thank you for the great review. We are thrilled to hear you caught our vibe and yes, being in the heart of downtown Denver is a little bit of a plus as well. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed in several hotel Monaco’s and expect top notch service, edgy decor, and above average amenities, but this hotel stay was just average. The initial encounter was not great. The front desk person wasn’t very welcoming and barely made eye contact. Then she gave us a nonfunctional key. The room was a bit cramped, especially considering the price. The bed was strangely a few inches narrow of being a queen. They were kind enough to switch us to a king later in our stay. We were busy in town so didn’t have a chance to take advantage of the amenities such as wine hour or WiFi, for which they have a surprise extra charge at check-out that wasn’t much appreciated. Without a fuss they were quick to remove this charge, so it seemed dishonest not to disclose this charge sooner or to even tag on yet another fee. The restaurant wasn’t particularly good, so we were disinclined to have room service delivered.
The pros: an easy walk to union station, restaurants and other attractions. The rooms are quiet.

1  Thank ceceliainDC
ChrisG7277, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

ceceliainDC,

Thank you for the review and my apologies for your stay not exceeding the expectations. Average is certainly not an adjective we want to be part of but at the same time your feedback is an incredible tool to improve, we will certainly apply that here. Safe travels and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future for a much better visit. All the best!