1,213 results
All reviews made to order breakfast industrial area evening reception order omelettes denver stapleton happy hour managers reception breakfast staff complimentary breakfast great place to stay living room breakfast was excellent very nice stay the breakfast area up to date shuttle service close to the airport
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We live in western Colorado and stayed here the night before catching a flight at the airport. We left our car at the hotel and took their shuttle both ways to the airport. It's a few miles from the airport, but not far. This was our second time staying at this hotel. We got an excellent rate on-line.

Our room was a suite with a front office and separate bedroom behind. The included breakfast was much nicer than normal, with made to order omlettes and many other choices. The airport shuttle was quick and efficient, and the driver was actually waiting at the airport the afternoon we returned so we were picked up within minutes ... no waiting at all. He's a smart guy ... he knew he didn't have anyone to pick up at the hotel, so he waited at the airport instead. We got lucky; I'm sure it isn't always like that when they're busier, but it was nice. The hotel sits alone by the highway, but there's restaurants and shopping a few minutes drive to the west.

I'd stay there again ... it would be my first choice for a hotel in this part of Denver, convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Do not stay at this hotel! My rental car's back window was smashed in over night in their front parking lot. The front desk clerk thought it was funny and laughed and joked with the Denver Police dispatcher after I insisted he call the police. He did not want to call and this clerk was insensitive, uncaring and unhelpful. The security guard was no where to be found and when he was located did not even want to go to the lot with me to see the damage. All he said was that they are located close to the jail and they have signs posted not to leave anything of value in the car. He couldn't have cared less. Car vandalism is a known problem at this hotel because the police officer who came to help me with the police report said that this hotel is less than a mile from the local jail and there are no security cameras or lights in the lot and the hotel apparently has no intention on installing them. Save yourself the agony of losing personal possessions and stay somewhere safe.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Heidi N
GregMckenna, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay and how my staff treated you. I have met with both of the team members involved and they have been reprimanded for the incident. I also wanted to let you know the main reason we have the signs in our parking lot is not because we are close to the Denver Jail or because we have lots of vehicles broken into. The reason we have the signs in our lot is because our hotel is located in a big city and like all big cities at times cars can be vandalized and we want our guests to take precautions. They have the same signs at most of the hotels in the city or at any mall.

We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! Please feel free to contact me direcly at 720-587-5092 or gregm@eshgateway.com

Best Reagards
Greg McKenna
Hotel Manager
Embassy Suites Denver-Aurora

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel is slighter older than other Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The common area is not real lit up so in morning don't expect to be able to read paper while eating breakfast. The rooms are nice and you can tell they have gone through a remodel at one time. The cooks at complementary breakfast are real nice and food was good also. The manager's reception is nice limited selection but free. You can order food from restaurant but not advertised that you can it took about 45 minutes before I could get a menu food was OK. Since the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves I took leftovers with me to room. Microwave is small and on bottom shelf below sink so be prepared to sit on floor to heat food. I went to get ice on the second day changed my mind after opening lid and there was water in bottom that looks like it had been there a while. Left the lid off to give hint to clean to room service it didn't work. I wasn't about to clean it or get ice in it. There are no trash bags or plastic liners for the trash cans. The hotel advertises "Green" with washing towels in the three days I was there I hung my towels on back of door each day I got new ones.So much for hang towel and save water/energy/detergent etc.... When I checked out saw a charge to room for food. Went to desk and informed them I did not make purchase and it was corrected without question.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The hotel itself is fine with the usual ES features. The room and bed were fantastic, and as always it is nice to have a separate sitting room. The breakfast was very good with what seemed like ample seating. Bathroom was good although somewhat small, and the shower was very nice. Parking is OK but watch for the lot to fill up.

It is located in the middle of an ugly industrial area in what used to be near the old Denver airport. While there doesn't appear to be a crime problem, it is not where you would expect to see a hotel. Obviously not ES fault, but just know that there won't be dining within walking distance. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Denver and the Rockies.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! I think sometimes we get a bad rap for being in a business park rather than in the middle of suburbia. We were built before Denver International moved to its new location. However in the last 10 years there has been more redevelopment in this area then in any other major city in the United States and Denver’s redevelopment plan has become a model for many cities facing the same problems. In the last 5 years we have had million dollar homes built, the largest medical center in the country as well as a new urban outdoor mall with all the major stores and restaurants and entertainment and so much more. All this development has been in a four mile radius. Embassy Suites Denver –Aurora is not just located in a business but close to everything happening in Denver-
I hope you will stay with us again. Please stop by and introduce yoursel to me.

Best Regards
Greg McKenna
Manager
Embassy Suites Denver-Aurora

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel met all our family needs, lots of room, great hot breakfast in the morning and very friendly service. Each room has plenty of space for kids and all their important stuff they can't live without!! It is centerally located to that everything is a short drive away. We will deffinatly stay here again!!

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the top floor because the view of the lobby is spectacular! All the rooms have doors that open to the center.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family