“Very Relaxing”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #19 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Friendly staff, great room(s), super great breakfast - thank you! Maybe a little more light would be good for the breakfast eating area.

Room Tip: You can't drive out the same way you drive in
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We live in western Colorado and stayed here the night before catching a flight at the airport. We left our car at the hotel and took their shuttle both ways to the airport. It's a few miles from the airport, but not far. This was our second time staying at this hotel. We got an excellent rate on-line.

Our room was a suite with a front office and separate bedroom behind. The included breakfast was much nicer than normal, with made to order omlettes and many other choices. The airport shuttle was quick and efficient, and the driver was actually waiting at the airport the afternoon we returned so we were picked up within minutes ... no waiting at all. He's a smart guy ... he knew he didn't have anyone to pick up at the hotel, so he waited at the airport instead. We got lucky; I'm sure it isn't always like that when they're busier, but it was nice. The hotel sits alone by the highway, but there's restaurants and shopping a few minutes drive to the west.

I'd stay there again ... it would be my first choice for a hotel in this part of Denver, convenient to the airport.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Do not stay at this hotel! My rental car's back window was smashed in over night in their front parking lot. The front desk clerk thought it was funny and laughed and joked with the Denver Police dispatcher after I insisted he call the police. He did not want to call and this clerk was insensitive, uncaring and unhelpful. The security guard was no where to be found and when he was located did not even want to go to the lot with me to see the damage. All he said was that they are located close to the jail and they have signs posted not to leave anything of value in the car. He couldn't have cared less. Car vandalism is a known problem at this hotel because the police officer who came to help me with the police report said that this hotel is less than a mile from the local jail and there are no security cameras or lights in the lot and the hotel apparently has no intention on installing them. Save yourself the agony of losing personal possessions and stay somewhere safe.

3  Thank Heidi N
GregMckenna, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay and how my staff treated you. I have met with both of the team members involved and they have been reprimanded for the incident. I also wanted to let you know the main reason we have the signs in our parking lot is not because we are close to the Denver Jail or because we have lots of vehicles broken into. The reason we have the signs in our lot is because our hotel is located in a big city and like all big cities at times cars can be vandalized and we want our guests to take precautions. They have the same signs at most of the hotels in the city or at any mall.

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! Please feel free to contact me direcly at 720-587-5092 or gregm@eshgateway.com

Best Reagards
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Hotel is slighter older than other Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The common area is not real lit up so in morning don't expect to be able to read paper while eating breakfast. The rooms are nice and you can tell they have gone through a remodel at one time. The cooks at complementary breakfast are real nice and food was good also. The manager's reception is nice limited selection but free. You can order food from restaurant but not advertised that you can it took about 45 minutes before I could get a menu food was OK. Since the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves I took leftovers with me to room. Microwave is small and on bottom shelf below sink so be prepared to sit on floor to heat food. I went to get ice on the second day changed my mind after opening lid and there was water in bottom that looks like it had been there a while. Left the lid off to give hint to clean to room service it didn't work. I wasn't about to clean it or get ice in it. There are no trash bags or plastic liners for the trash cans. The hotel advertises "Green" with washing towels in the three days I was there I hung my towels on back of door each day I got new ones.So much for hang towel and save water/energy/detergent etc.... When I checked out saw a charge to room for food. Went to desk and informed them I did not make purchase and it was corrected without question.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The hotel itself is fine with the usual ES features. The room and bed were fantastic, and as always it is nice to have a separate sitting room. The breakfast was very good with what seemed like ample seating. Bathroom was good although somewhat small, and the shower was very nice. Parking is OK but watch for the lot to fill up.

It is located in the middle of an ugly industrial area in what used to be near the old Denver airport. While there doesn't appear to be a crime problem, it is not where you would expect to see a hotel. Obviously not ES fault, but just know that there won't be dining within walking distance. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Denver and the Rockies.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! I think sometimes we get a bad rap for being in a business park rather than in the middle of suburbia. We were built before Denver International moved to its new location. However in the last 10 years there has been more redevelopment in this area then in any other major city in the United States and Denver’s redevelopment plan has become a model for many cities facing the same problems. In the last 5 years we have had million dollar homes built, the largest medical center in the country as well as a new urban outdoor mall with all the major stores and restaurants and entertainment and so much more. All this development has been in a four mile radius. Embassy Suites Denver –Aurora is not just located in a business but close to everything happening in Denver-
I hope you will stay with us again. Please stop by and introduce yoursel to me.

Best Regards
Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2011

This hotel met all our family needs, lots of room, great hot breakfast in the morning and very friendly service. Each room has plenty of space for kids and all their important stuff they can't live without!! It is centerally located to that everything is a short drive away. We will deffinatly stay here again!!

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the top floor because the view of the lobby is spectacular! All the rooms have...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed at a number of Embassy Suites and have grown accustomed to the suite concept of having a gathering/living area separated from the sleeping area by the bathroom. Several aspects of this hotel set it apart from others. While it is close proximity to the Denver airport it is located within a commercial warehousing district which offers relatively few alternatives for local dining unless you have your own transportation. If you utilize the hotel shuttle from the airport expect the hotel dining experience to be only adequate.

Check-in was accompanied with a letter from the manager warning parents of the hazards the hotel presents to unsupervised children and an admonition that, as a business hotel, children should be supervised in their activities. While as a parent I couldn't imagine not supervising my children's activities in a strange hotel; something that should equally apply to the rowdies occupying the bar and whose boisterous noise caused us to keep the door to the bedroom closed to block the sound.

Like many hotels, this one also has a number of banquet rooms for hosting meetings and for increasing revenue. After returning one evening from a dinner outing I found the hotel parking lot over capacity and with no place to park. The hotel staff recommended that we park "wherever" until the meeting adjorned (sometime after my intended bedtime). I hesitate to wonder what the local fire department/emergency services would have done if called upon...

Aside from these issues, the Embassy Suites in Aurora offers the standard cook--to-order breakfast in the morning and the evening Manager's Special (Happy Hour) expected of this chain.

While I am comfortable with the Embassy Suites brand, next time I'm looking for a hotel near the Denver airport I'll be looking for better alternatives.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the east side of the hotel. Access to the elevators is easier. The west side rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay.

We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns. And know that I share your concerns it can be difficult having a hotel with sports teams staying with us and also have a wedding going on in the ballroom. That is why we put out the guest letter asking parents and team sponsors to watch their children because we don’t want other guests to have to have their stay disrupted

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate out commitment to your comfort. And please feel free to contact me in the future if you have any questions or concerns. My direct line is 720-587-5092 or you can email me at gregm@eshgateway.com