1,210 results
All reviews made to order breakfast industrial area evening reception order omelettes denver stapleton happy hour managers reception breakfast staff complimentary breakfast great place to stay living room breakfast was excellent very nice stay the breakfast area up to date shuttle service close to the airport
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here just last weekend.

My observation was it was obvious that there was little oversight on the part of management. My principal complaint was that there were soccer players and their siblings galore!! My complaint though is not that there were soccer players around. Instead, it is obvious that no one from management told the coaches that the kids were not at liberty to run the halls, push the elevator buttons non-stop, scream and yell, etc. I am a soccer coach in Nebraska and, out here, when teams make reservations at hotels, we are given instructions that that type of behavior will not be tolerated. Even if we are not told, such behavior is not tolerated by either the coaches nor the parents. Guests shouldn't have to endure that type of behavior from players and their siblings. Apparently, though, in Denver, that type of behavior is not only tolerated but accepted as I peeked out of my room at 10:30 p.m. and watched kids screaming and yelling and the parents doing nothing about it. One Mom looked right at me and smiled. Instead of smiling, she should have told her kids to pipe down. On one occasion, we were forced to take the stairs because the elevator was tied up with kids who pushed every button on the elevator and the elevator could never get to the 7th floor.

My hope is that management will continue to allow groups and teams to stay there. However, someone has to tell the coaches and parents that such behavior is grounds for removal from the premises and also enforce it. If enforced, I highly doubt that the kids will behave that way. When one needs to catch an early flight, the last thing they want is screaming kids all night out in the hallway.

As a whole, the building could use some updating. It is not comparable with the EmbassySuites in Omaha or Lincoln. However, it is also my understanding that they are doing a renovation which should help.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the hotel experience you expected. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience, and as a brand, are looking at additional steps we could take to improve the overall experience. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them under consideration. On your next visit to the area, I hope you consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the excellent service and hospitality we are known for.

With regards the children, we do have a strict noise policy in the hotel and I can assure you I will be reviewing this policy with my team to be sure we provide a quiet, restful experience for all our guests However we did have teams come in late both Friday and Saturday night and there is going to be noise that we can not control . On team weekends we have extra staff on and we do not ignore any problems that coccur and we will ask teams to check out if they do not comply with our policies . Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. Greg McKenna- Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed on business. Area not much to write home about-was told this was in the 'hood' but coming back. Warehouses all around.

Room comfy but could use updating. Should upscale soaps and stuff. Pool did not look inviting but probably due to lots of teenagers running around. But room was quiet. Room service was good and staff pleasant. Just wish different locale and spiffing up.

• Stayed: July 2012
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay! I wanted to let you know we will be going under a 5 Million dollar renovation in the fall- The next time you visit there will be a brand new look to the hotel- And even though we are renovating we are ranked number 16 in the Embassy Chain! Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions!

Best Regards

Greg McKenna
Hotel Manager
Embassy Suites Denver Aurora
720-587-5092

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed for about a week in early July, rooms are large with either 2 double + sofa or a King + sofa, in a seperate living area. The TV's in the rooms are large and new. Hotel is older, but very well maintained. Rooms were very quiet considering they all face the atrium. Only once was there any real problem sleeping, but there was a large party downstairs, and the noise did die down around midnight. Prices for rooms are very good compared to what you will find elsewhere, and your money goes a long way.

The hotel itself was very busy, and is located in a light industry/ commercial area with a large shopping plaza about 5 minutes away.In terms of immediate food options, there is a small bar / grill on site, ate there once and the food was OK. There is a small 24-hour c-store in the lobby that sells chocolate bars, soft drinks and other snack food, prices were very reasonable. Additionally, they give you breakfast and an evening reception.

The breakfast is a real winner - cooked to order omlettes, pancakes or french toast, cereals, lots of fruit, juices and pastries etc. The staff running the breakfast was out of this world, from the friendly and sociable man who checks your tickets, to the outstanding staff that cook and serve your food, you always start your day off right. Special thanks to Mama and her breakfast crew - among the nicest people I have ever dealt with in hotels. The line up for breakfast at times was remarkably long, but the staff are super efficent, and somehow manage to have a friendly conversation while zipping orders out at the same time. I really cannot say enough about how awesome the staff at breakfast are.

The evening recption offered free drinks (alcoholic and non) with a fairly large selection. The food they offered was snack fare in terms of chips and salsa, veggies, dip and cheese, but they never seemed to change or rotate the food for the reception. Ever. This left something to be desired, as even a slight amount of variety would easily have made it better. (perhaps a hot item ?) After seeing the menu didnt change at the reception, we stopped going.

For both services, its probably a good idea to tip the staff, the breakfast staff is especially helpful and polite- you will be hard pressed to find this kind of service elsewhere.

We will be back in the Denver area soon, and this hotel is at the top of our list.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean, very friendly staff. Great breakfast (freshly made omelettes, french toast, pancakes, hashbrowns) that was included in our stay. The pool area was also nice and clean. The hotel had a very open center area so noise carried from the first floor up through the hotel and it is in an industrial part of town. The hotel was close to a mall thought so that was a nice place to go for dinner and to pick up some essentials.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in June for a softball tournament. The decor was a bit dated and tired, but mostly clean. The staff were very friendly with the exception of the "breakfast man."

It was nice to have a bedroom and a living room. The room was about 90% clean (during this trip I stayed in less expensive hotels that were cleaner). The bed in bedroom was moderately comfortable. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable. We should have done like another reviewer and called the front desk for a pad. My teenager slept on the sofa bed in the living room. She said the loud bell on the elevator kept her awake. While sitting in the living room, you could hear the elevator ding as it stopped at each floor.

The breakfast is delicious, omelettes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and continental breakfast foods daily. Some days there were pancakes or french toast as well. The coffee is excellent, fresh and strong.

The short order cooks were friendly and fast, especially the older African American lady with very short blonde hair that worked during the week. The elderly African American man who took the breakfast tickets (and kept count) was downright mean, he even yelled at me a time or two. I said something and he didn't respond so I repeated myself, he yelled, "I heard you!" Another time I told him I was leaving the breakfast area and was coming back. He angrily said, "You don't have to tell me that!" I was letting him know so that his count wouldn't be messed up.

The Hispanic lady bartender at the managers reception was very friendly and made good, strong alcoholic drinks. There was a big container of lemonade and shirley temples which were great if you don't drink. If you got to the reception early, you could have veggies and dip or cheese, otherwise there was popcorn, chips, dip and chex mix.

We didn't notice the noise from the atrium/fountain/bar area, but we slept in the bedroom. There are only 2 small washers and dryers which were constantly in use. It would have been nice to have more since we had to go to the laundromat several times.

The location is convenient to the freeway, but it is circumferenced for several miles by industry, which is drab. However, there are some nice areas within 10 miles or so. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends of the hall might be darker, but may help you avoid the noise from atrium and elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family