“Impressive ”
Review of Mount Evans

Mount Evans
Ranked #2 of 289 things to do in Denver
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

At the top, simply a restroom but views were awesome. Winding road slow going but faster than nearby Pikes Peak trek. Numerous Mountain goats were a bonus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"drink lots of water"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I joined my husband at the 2018 AVMA Conference in Denver Colorado for 5 days. We decided to rent a car and have an adventure to Mount Evans. The drive took approximately 45 minutes. The drive was along 2 lane roads and very curvy without guide rails but my husband was very comfortable making the journey. I had to close my eyes for some of the curvy parts because I a little problem with motion sickness. There were places along the way to stop and take pictures along the scenic roadway. We made it to the summit in about 2 1/2 hrs. We saw mountain goats and moose along the way. It costs $15 to enter the scenic parkway unless you have a pass to the National Parks. The temperature at the top of the summit was 49 degrees so dress warm. It was breath taking.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

This drive was pretty hard for me. I read reviews about the intense drive along cliffs with no guard rail. This was my first time on a road like that. Wow, scary for me. We got to Summit Lake at 12,800 ft which was really worth the effort. I did not go for the rest of the drive up to the top at 14000 ft. To the lake is a really beautiful drive, a must do, (even if you are like me and really scared of falling over the side). The rangers said there has never been a serious accident on the road. Good to know. Try it, you will love the views!

1  Thank jhild2100
Reviewed July 17, 2018

The scenic byway drive is increasingly breathtaking as you get closer to the summit. The anticipation builds and is well worth the wait when you reach the top. Be advised to bring a sweater (even in the summer) as temperatures are in the low 50's. If you walk slowly and hydrate often, you can hike a bit higher at the summit to capture some great photos. It truly is beautiful and worth the trip!

1  Thank Ev S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I mean, if you're this close to Mt. Evans you must take a day trip up to the top. What an experience! So many things to see and places to pull over and take in along the journey. So many mountain goats! There are a lot of other people also making the trip so be prepared to have lots of other traffic on the road. Plan ahead and go early or late to see the rise or set of the sun. Beautiful.

2  Thank Morgan J

Been to Mount Evans? Share your experiences!