Review Highlights
One of the Best motorcycle rides

Not necessarily the tide to the very top but from Idaho Springs to Evergreen, this road past Echo... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Staminack
Parker, Colorado
via mobile
Stunning

Breath taking views. Frozen lake was magnificent! Even though the highest elevations were closed... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$55.00
from US$125.00
from US$169.00
2,377 results
All reviews echo lake paved road idaho springs pikes peak tree line great drive bring a jacket scary drive altitude sickness short hike labor day day trip big horn sheep awesome views drop offs afraid of heights drink lots of water
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I joined my husband at the 2018 AVMA Conference in Denver Colorado for 5 days. We decided to rent a car and have an adventure to Mount Evans. The drive took approximately 45 minutes. The drive was along 2 lane roads and very curvy without guide rails but my husband was very comfortable making the journey. I had to close my eyes for some of the curvy parts because I a little problem with motion sickness. There were places along the way to stop and take pictures along the scenic roadway. We made it to the summit in about 2 1/2 hrs. We saw mountain goats and moose along the way. It costs $15 to enter the scenic parkway unless you have a pass to the National Parks. The temperature at the top of the summit was 49 degrees so dress warm. It was breath taking.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

This drive was pretty hard for me. I read reviews about the intense drive along cliffs with no guard rail. This was my first time on a road like that. Wow, scary for me. We got to Summit Lake at 12,800 ft which was really worth the effort. I did not go for the rest of the drive up to the top at 14000 ft. To the lake is a really beautiful drive, a must do, (even if you are like me and really scared of falling over the side). The rangers said there has never been a serious accident on the road. Good to know. Try it, you will love the views!

1  Thank jhild2100
Reviewed July 17, 2018

The scenic byway drive is increasingly breathtaking as you get closer to the summit. The anticipation builds and is well worth the wait when you reach the top. Be advised to bring a sweater (even in the summer) as temperatures are in the low 50's. If you walk slowly and hydrate often, you can hike a bit higher at the summit to capture some great photos. It truly is beautiful and worth the trip!

1  Thank Ev S
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I mean, if you're this close to Mt. Evans you must take a day trip up to the top. What an experience! So many things to see and places to pull over and take in along the journey. So many mountain goats! There are a lot of other people also making the trip so be prepared to have lots of other traffic on the road. Plan ahead and go early or late to see the rise or set of the sun. Beautiful.

2  Thank Morgan J
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Road is safe, the scenery is spectacular, the summit is spectactulious...summer is the time to go, closest you get to being in the heavens outside of heaven..

3  Thank Hmitchard