1,046 results
All reviewsfull kitchendenver airportliving areasocial hourhuge showernext morningseparate bedroomwalk in showerrental carshuttle serviceomelet stationan early flightfree breakfasthot breakfasttower roadfront desk staffking suite
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay at this hotel at the end of a 2 week tour of the west coast as we were meeting family in the area. We arrived from Vegas and as the shuttle to the hotel wasn't available the front desk arranged for alternative transport to the hotel immediately.

This hotel was fantastic for the price we paid - We stayed 2 nights on a B&B basis and both the room and facilities were excellent.

Most of the hotels that are listed as airport hotels are basically around 20 mins away. There is very little in and around the airport from what we could see and where this place is located there were also about 8-10 other hotels within the vicinity. Across the road was a 7/11 that was quite useful for and the hotel provided menus for local restaurants that delivered which we used.

The breakfast was excellent given that other hotels that we had stayed in on route had offered very poor 'continental' efforts, this place actually provided a good selection of choice to get you started.

The rooms are big, kitchen area, sitting area, comfy bed all well laid out and accommodating.

The gym, pool and jacuzzi area are well equipped and worth attending if only to relax in the latter.

Finally the staff were great, 'Bennie' nice guy and really helpful in arranging our transfer probably provided the best service of all the hotels we stayed in on our tour.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking at a stop over either in or out of Denver and in my opinion worth a higher ranking on TA than it's current position.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We appreciate your comments and hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Like all Hyatts, this is a good business-class hotel. The room in which I stayed, has a small kitchenette with a 2-burner electric stove, microwave (but not conventional oven), toaster, coffee maker and full-size refrig. There's a den area with sofa and flat-panel TV and a desk area for firing up the PC. The seperate bedroom has another TV and a large bathroom with shower. The entire hotel appears to be very new. Pay attention to the driving directions on the Hyatt website because the address isn't included in most GPS units. The hot items in the hot breakfast includes bacon, toast, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes, plus the usual cold items (fruit, cereal, juice, milk), but nothing from the pancke/waffle/french toast food group. My only complaint is that checkout time is 12 noon, even if you're a Hyatt Platinum member, as I am.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hyatt House in Denver, mainly due to the convenience to the airport. What an incredible surprise! The hotel was undergoing renovation during our stay, however the hours of work were planned to not interrupt guests during evening and night-time hours.

Our room was one that had been renovated, and it was a great value. For under $85 a night, we were surprised to find a very nice kitchen area and separate sitting area. We did find it a little curious that it seemed most everything in the room was new, or recent - - except the tub. It showed some knicks that enamel had been chipped away.

The staff was very attentive, and we enjoyed the dinner options on nearby Tower road.

The breakfast buffet at the Hyatt was also convenient, with comfortable surroundings.

This is a great option, especially if travelling in the winter - the airport is a short jaunt away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Midplainsman

Reviewed January 19, 2013

A clean and quiet spot to spend an unexpected long layover or get set for that early flight. Local restaurants deliver pretty good food. The staff is courteous and the shuttle to the airport is one of the most punctual I've taken.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Wolfiesaurus

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Because so many good reviews were written about this hotel (located off Tower Rd), I was sold in staying a week here. I have stayed at many three star hotels and although some had big to minor complaints, those all paled in comparison to this hotel: Hyatt House Denver Airport.

I'll start with the BAD:

This hotel is approximately 3 1/2 miles away from the Denver Airport; you WILL hear airplanes coming and going during your stay.

Although there is a nice double sliding curtain next to the king bed, there is also a cheap mini blind located a couple feet away by the desk/work area; this same blind is cheap and let's in a ton of light from the well lit outside parking lot. **Be warned, this bright light will keep you awake if you are aware of this mini blind, especially if you are sleeping on the right side of the bed**.

The Pool looks like just the right size to relax or swim in, accompanied by a fairly decent size hot tub; **Be warned, the room these are located in are surrounded by windows or glass doors. You would assume that a 'Hyatt' would accommodate their quests, however the pool is not even lukewarm, that's right this hotel barely has the heater in the pool turned on at all, I even put my hand and foot next to the spouts were the heat flows out from and I could hardly feel any heat coming out (I tried this a few times while I was at the hotel only to discover the heaters were kept at this lousy/cheap temperature level).
The Hot Tub is just that 'too hot', I'm talking I couldn't lower myself in any more than my upper legs, this watter is sizzling hot.
To pour salt on the wounds between the too cold Pool and the too hot Hot Tub, once you get out of either be very prepared to be VERY COLD. The room the pool is in is barely heated, the hotel doesn't compensate for all the glass windows and doors leaking in the brutal outside Winter cold air.**

I felt bad reporting people above me for the first time in my life, I've never done it before. I feel bad now in hind sight knowing it wasn't so much the people I reported by discovering this hotel has awful noise level reductions, especially when it comes to the Kitchen area's that have those wood floor (or are they maybe linoleum areas?); you will hear every footstep if you are below any room. You can add this fault to lack of sleep too, ughh!

Nearby: unless you count the Denver Airport, there is nothing close by worth bragging about within 5 miles of this hotel. Sure there is King Soopers (their local supermarket) a few miles south on Tower Rd. There are no good restaurants. Close is an Italian Restaurant called 'Dicicco's', it is unbelievably overpriced...the food was sub par as well.. Perpendicular of the hotel is a diner/bar called 'Vinny's Bar & Grill', they didn't have the heat past 60, you needed a coat to be on while you eat...no thanks, bye. Gas stations can be found all over Tower Rd when heading south, go south of the Hotel about 5 miles or more and you will see a sharp DECREASE in prices about .30 cents a gallon differences between those gas stations and the next door rip off 7-Eleven.

The Good:

None, there is not one thing I could say that was good about this hotel....read on.

The Rest:

While the remaining areas of the hotel weren't good, they didn't exactly fall into the bad category either.

Complimentary breakfast:

Not warm enough eating area, opens up at 6:30 AM until 9:30 AM. Foods - bagels, English muffins and two types of toast + a bread heater (bagels and English muffins can't be cooked in this). All kinds of spice add on's from Tabasco sauce to hot pepper condiments, three hot dishes; always scrambled eggs, some kind of pork product such as sausage or bacon and the third hot dish would change from pancakes (terrible), french toast, biscuits gravy, etc, tropical fruit salad, pink grapefruit, yogurt, some kind of Cheddar and cheese mixes (the kind you would pour on taco's) & 6 basic cereals to choose from: 3 w/ sugar (fruit loops, frosted flakes, pops) and three bland (cheerios) (rice krispies) (corn flakes). I was surprised but happy they had no sweets at breakfast. There was enough food to go around, unless you made it to breakfast after 9:00 AM. The food quality of the hot dishes were fair, with the exception of the already mentioned pancakes.

The bed was very comfortable; a high quality FIRM mattress, however the pillows were on the poor side, there was very little give to the 4 given plush pillows.

The bathroom had decent size space, just watch out when you get out of the shower as the fan is on at all times (no way to leave off since fans comes on when you turn on light to shower area), it becomes a little to cold getting out of the shower. I did like the shower water pressure, it was pretty good. Towels were less than average.

Be aware of ROOM TEMPERATURE when it is cold outside: when I first entered my room the temperature was set at 70 degrees (ok no big deal), however when I was adjusting the temperature (higher) I noticed the thermostat read the room at 62 degrees, that's right there was a 8 degree difference because of how much cold air seeps into the room from the poorly ventilated windows....keep the room 8 degrees higher than what you would intend it to be to compensate.

Staff: I was trying to check in, I reminded them that's a room w/a mountain view, right? They were trying to push another room onto me saying that those rooms were all booked up. I told them that was unacceptable since I booked the stay 4 months prior....they gave me the correct room (after 15 minutes went by).

Housekeeping: although the room was clean, they did leave ammonia behind during one of their cleanings and didn't replenish the Maxwell House coffee packets twice.

This is NOT a place to stay for a long period or even one day; what is the point of booking a hotel if you can't sleep with those CHEAP blinds letting in ALLLLLLLL that light from those mini blinds? Pool/Hot tub can't be used & if the shinning bright light didn't scare you away from this hotel and you like to stay up during the night than by all means you will love the paper thin floors above you where you can hear every step they take.

Room Tip: Take the stairs instead of the eleveator, it takes soooooooooo long to wait for + get out of (door takes forever open/close).
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank zolth96

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be shared.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777