“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
The Woodlands, TX
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Great location just steps away from the Cherry Creek Mall. Traveled with husband on business so I shopped while he worked. The room was modern, clean and quiet. Beds comfy. Great staff. I would stay here again. Unrelated to the JW, but I definitely recommend eating at Fruition while you are in Denver. The food is amazing!

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pinkbutterflyteacher
jwmarriottgm, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your visit. I am glad you liked the room and felt the bed was comfortable. We look forward to having you again as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This was two nights for a business meeting with Janus Funds who are next door. The room and facilities were definitely first rate. I unfortunately almost never left the hotel to see Denver because the meals and meeting were all held there so being a superior food and lodging experience was very important.
I travel around the country to meetings like this and the JW Marriott was one of the better locations. Excellent meeting facilities, good food (surprise!) and superb room and service.
I most appreciated the courtesy car to take me downtown during my short free time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Denver. It is great to see that you enjoyed the meeting. We have fantastic food and beverage at the hotel and I am glad you were able to experience it. During your next visit, I hope you will have some time to explore the other great restaurants and shops in the area.
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The service at this hotel was first class. My wife and I live in Denver but decided to stay there for our wedding anniversary to have a close to home "get-away" in Cherry Creek. I called a couple of days before we were arriving to set up an early check in and they were super helpful. When I arrived early they had our room ready so I could surprise my wife. The bellman even tracked down a vase for me to put some flowers in. During the night we had some neighbors who were crazy loud and the hotel staff handled everything very professionally. With the excellent staff, great views, and walking distance to so many entertainment spots in Cherry Creek I would definitely choose this hotel again for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 to be on the west side of the hotel. The views of the mountains and downtown Denv...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for spending your special anniversary with us. I am glad you had a great time. I am happy to read that the staff was able to take care of the noise concerns as well as make the evening special. We look forward to having you as our guest again next year.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here for one night in February and found it to be a lovely experience.

There was a line to check in when we arrived early on a Saturday evening, but another staff member quickly arrive to assist and reduce then wait. The check in process was smooth and our room type requests were honored. Staff was friendly and professional.

The rooms are quite beautiful. I have stayed at numerous other Denver area Marriott properties but this was our first time at the JW in Denver. The rooms at the JW are a step above the rest (although the Boulder Marriott remains my favorite in the Denver area for its charm and warm quaint atmosphere). The rooms have large bathrooms with bathtubs and separate showers and finer quality toiletry products. The bedroom space is well appointed and very spacious with high quality bedding. The coffee service in the room was well stocked. The glassware in the minibar area was of high quality. Good quality robes were provided and plenty of hangers and closet space.

Service in the concierge lounge was exceptional. Very attentive with a wide variety of appetizers, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages and a nice variety of breakfast buffet items and a great view of the mountains.

The service level of the hotel was exceptional. We had a minor issue we addressed with the staff which was resolved promptly. There is a nice work out room and a jacuzzi area.

We didn't eat at the restaurant or order room service so cannot comment on that aspect of the hotel.

I definitely plan to return.

Broder

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jwmarriottgm, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for the great review of your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the rooms and service at the hotel. I am especially happy to read that you utilized the Concierge Lounge. The food and beverage provided is a great addition to the beautiful views from the top floor of the hotel. Thank you for staying with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I loved everything about the JW Marriott Cherry Creek from the gorgeously stylish rooms to the hotel service to the views of the Rocky Mountains. Second Home Kitchen + Bar is a favorite among locals, but we were in and out so quickly we had no time to pay it a visit. The area, Cherry Creek, has just about every shop, restaurant or service you could need. Next time, I'm in Denver, I'll definitely be returning to this hotel--though hopefully for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a west-facing room with views of the Rockies
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krysleigh
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel after your quick trip. I am pleased that you enjoyed the outstanding Mountain views and all of the amenities of the Cherry Creek area. Sorry you missed Second Home. I hope you will be able to stop in on your next visit.
Penngrove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the JW Marriott in Cherry Creek.

Being a former Denver resident, I used to stay at other hotels, thinking the JW was just another chain. But now I see it as a boutique hotel with the special ameneties of the Marriott brand. I return here regularly because of:
• Superior service (the staff is excellent, friendly, and they stick around, which tells me this place is well run and a good place to work),
• Good food (the restaurant is terrific for a breakfast meeting or any other occasion, and room service efficient and delicious), and
• Comfy rooms (newly redecorated with local artists showcased for an original flair), and
• Central location (close to great shopping and many choices of tasty restaurants),

The concierge floor is well staffed, with friendly service, consistent with the rest of the staff. I never have a need unmet, and I always depart with a smile. Stay here – you won’t be disappointed... And you may even catch an occasional celebrity in the elevator....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is nice to hear that you are able to return to Denver from time to time. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visits. We appreciate your kind words and your recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Located in the heart of Cherry Creek. If that's you're destination, everything is within walking distance. It is a full service hotel, but gives the feeling of a much smaller, intimate setting. Stayed on the Concierge level, which gave access to their complimentary lounge for breakfast, happy hour and a late night desert bar. There was an open bar with premium wines, beers and liquor and the appetizers at happy hour and the deserts were first rate. The room was nice sized with king bed, couch, easy chair, desk and a very large well appointed bath. Most important there was excellent soundproofing and heavy drapes for a good nights sleep. We will be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DP49
jwmarriottgm, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and the Concierge Lounge. The food and beverage is great and the views are outstanding. We look forward to your return.