“Best Location in Denver”

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
dtw
“Best Location in Denver”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I would have given this hotel 5 stars but I kept having to get my room card re-keyed. I know not to place it next to my cell phone so it must be very sensitive. I couldn't get into the gym and I couldn't get up to my room since you need to insert your key when staying on the concierge level. Other than that, I loved the hotel. The Kitchen restaurant in the lobby has an outdoor fire pit and loads of ambience. You're right across the street from the mall and the rooms are comfy. I've stayed at plenty of JWs and this one is among the top. I'd stay here again.

2 Thank leondrataylor
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Leondrataylor,

Thank you for review. I wanted to apologize for the issues you exprienced with your room key. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my best to ensure this does not occur again. I am happy you enjoyed the Cherry Creek area. It truly is a fantastic part of Denver. Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel a lot, at least every other week, all over the country. My company's Denver office is in Cherry Creek. I always try to stay at the JW when I'm here. Besides being conveniently located to office in the incredibly hip CC area, the service and rooms are just spectacular. All the staff, and particularly the front desk and concierge lounge. Ken Trumball is the consummate front desk associate - we connected on my first visit and he always remembers me and engages in discussion. He introduces me to co-workers, and then THEY remember me. Really, it is those little things that make a difference. Workout room is among best I have ever seen, and the bar is awesome. Only gripe - the business office computers. They are slower than the 286 processor one I had in college.

1 Thank RunswithBeer_12
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review and recognizing the staff's efforts and specifically Ken. We appreciate your loyalty to the JW Marriott Cherry Creek when you travel to Denver. Hopefully we see you again very very soon.

Utah
Reviewed 21 March 2012

If Marriott wants to know how a Marriott SHOULD be run they need to stay here. Top flight service as well as all the amenities. Even the prices at this location are reasonable by comparison to some of their sister properties. The work out room is excellent as is the room service. I got really hooked on their creme brule oatmeal, just a little sin with your health food. I even stayed here with my wife on the road once and it was likewise a great experience. If you're going to stay in the area this deserves top considerations.

Room Tip: higher non smoking floors and rooms that don't connect (preferred the dead end of a hallway non...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dcisive
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities. Come back soon for some more oatmeal. Have a wonderful day!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I visit this hotel frequently and have always had wonderful experiences. It is in a perfect location to enjoy the Cherry Creek downtown neighborhood. Extremely convenient to great restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: mountain view rooms are an added bonus
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jodi H
Jodi,

Thank you for posting such a nice review for the hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Very slick, clean and well run! - Kudos to the Marriott group once again - excellent in house restaurant/lounge - Second Home - a great restaurant that morphs into a rockin' bar lounge after 9PM - quite the local hangout! - Great helpful staff! - Was there for a quick weekend but everything was topnotch - even roomservice! - Location is great,across the street from high end shopping and restaurants! - a really nice in town weekend get away hotel! - never got to the spa - next time!! - What can I say? - they got it right! - a pleasant surprise - I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, restaurant, and the Cherry Creek area in general. It truly is an amazing part of Denver. Hopefully you will get to enjoy the spa on your next visit. Once again thank you for your review. Have a wonderful day!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I've stayed at a number of JW's over the past year on business, and while this is not your typical JW (it really is not a resort), it is class all the way! This high-end hotel is very well taken care of, contemporary and situated in a prime shopping district next to the mall and other boutique stores. There is a whole foods and Starbucks just a couple of blocks away. Club level has beautiful views of the mountains and an excellent breakfast. The chicken noodle soup in the adjoining restaurant was amazing! The hotel is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ntwkstudent
jwmarriottgm, General Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for the review. It is always a pleasure to have guests who have visited other JW Marriott's stay our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and especially the Chicken Noodle soup. See you next time.
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel really makes you feel like a king. I'm convinced that the President or some celebrity would get no better treatment. When I ate in the restaurant I was waited on by Vicki, I would recommend you request her. Super nice, friendly, helpful, couldn't be better. I had the prime rib french dip, then 4 glasses of house Cabernet, then the cheese platter. Whoever the HR Manager is for this place knows how to find the best people! I don't understand why all hotels don't perform to this level.

1 Thank MikeTownsend
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed dinner at Second Home. I am equally pleased that you were impressed with our team and the service they provide. I will be sure to share your comments with them all.