“Neat Old-School Place; Great Pizza!”
Review of Bonnie Brae Tavern

Bonnie Brae Tavern
Ranked #507 of 3,257 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 30 July 2015

LOVE Bonnie Brae's pizza! Always fantastic. Their dinner salad not so much; mostly just blah iceberg and a few croutons. Was served by the 4th generation of the family to operate Bonnie Brae Tavern; very friendly fellow. This is a place which deserves to survive and has such a great old-school feel and decor you can't help but love it. BTW- their home-made pies are WOW! Try the cherry a la mode.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Bonnie Brae tavern is a place my parents have gone for pizza for decades so I was excited to finally check it out. Atmosphere is straight out of the past, the staff is great and very friendly. The pizza was good and you could get sizes that worked for 1 person..or 2 or an entire table! Salads were good... Fish and chips were okay but nothing special. I'll be returning to BBT for pizza with my mom next time I'm in Denver!

Reviewed 29 April 2015

We've been going to the Bonnie Brae Tavern for 20 of their 80 years. The place is still in the same family and the charm is the lack of renovation. It looks like you've stepped back in time and it's great! And the pizza is really good! The staff is family and the pictures on the wall reflect the long time pride in the place. Go for the circus and the food both.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Don't expect anything fancy or even charming. This is a no nonsense pizzeria, known for their food. There is a full bar, pitchers of beer and booths for dining. Always crowded and noisy, but wonderful pizza!

1  Thank Trueheart202
Reviewed 21 February 2015

My husband and I went for Restaurant Week. We had an option of chicken or Eggplant Parm, and we both got the eggplant. The cutlets were previously frozen, like something you'd get at the grocery store. It didn't even come out all that warm. If you're going to provide a vegetarian option on your menu, make it a good one or don't provide it at all. The ice cream we got for dessert was good (a lemon custard thing), but also prepackaged. If I wanted a packaged dinner I would have gone to the supermarket instead. I feel like Restaurant Week should be a showcase of your best cooking, and this was not. Will not be back.