“Looked amazing was just ok”
Review of Moonlight Diner

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Denver International Airport
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This place looked amazing and the story of how long it has been in the area was cool. The food was okay and the waitstaff was really not all that great. Not a place I'd return to unless there were no other alternatives. The service was extremely slow.

Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We are sorry wranglernwss that we did not live up to your expectation. We are always trying to work with waitstaff to be better. Thank you for pointing out where we failed you.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the chicken-fried steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy.

The nice, big steak was good, with no gristle - I ate every bite. The coating was crispy and spiced just right.

A very tasty white gravy covered both steak and mashed potatoes, with just the right spices.

The mixed vegetables were good, probably from frozen, but they were tasty and served hot.

I’m not a bread person, so I didn’t try the dinner roll, but it looked good, and it was served with a generous side of whipped butter.

I started with a side garden salad, which was crisp and had fresh ingredients.

Service was quick and friendly, at the bar. The young lady who served me was very polite.

Cost was reasonable.

If you’re looking for something besides chain restaurant food, on a budget, and you enjoy diner atmosphere, give it a try.

Thank you Rick for the great review. We are so glad that you truly enjoyed your food. Look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

After waiting for awhile with no one in sight to seat me, I went into the kitchen and got some help.

There were a lot of wait staff, but I had no idea what they were doing. I saw tables with folks waiting for their food.

I sat at the bar and asked the waiter what was fast and good. He suggested the meatloaf. It came out fairly quickly. Salty, overdone veggies... about what I expected.

I might go again, if there were no other choices.

Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

We are sorry Mark that you did not have a great experience with us. I will definitely bring up retraining the servers as to where they should be standing if there is nothing to do. I will bring up veggie preparation to our chef and make sure this is resolved. Please come back so we can put our best foot forward even if there are other choices.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Our portions were huge and the menu offerings covered both Breakfast and Lunch-Dinner items that could be ordered anytime. We really liked the nostalgic decor in the area of the restaurant in which we were seated.

Thank you Pam. We are glad that you had an all around good time. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to try this place!!! Looked super yummy!!! Too bad they asked for me to sit at the bar and literally no one ever came over to me. I sat there for about 15 mins, read a book and nothing. No service what so ever. Decided to take my business elsewhere.

We are so sorry Paige. That should never happen!!!! You are absolutely right to call us out on that poor customer service. Please contact me personally. We would love for you to give us another chance. Tim@coloradopubco.com

Been to Moonlight Diner? Share your experiences!