“Boisterous staff you can hear throughout the dining area.”
Review of Moonlight Diner

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Denver International Airport
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Who wants to hear some loudmouth spouting nonsense when you are trying to have a meal. Management should tell their staff to tone it down and be considerate.

Date of visit: August 2018
Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

We are sorry Richard for the loud staff. We will deffintley talk to our staff about how loud they are.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by as we were staying nearby. Great decision, from arrival to leaving the service was fantastic. We were made to feel special and welcome throughout. The menu was classic diner and our food tasted great. Would definitely return

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you Tim for the great review. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This place looked amazing and the story of how long it has been in the area was cool. The food was okay and the waitstaff was really not all that great. Not a place I'd return to unless there were no other alternatives. The service was extremely slow.

Date of visit: August 2018
Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We are sorry wranglernwss that we did not live up to your expectation. We are always trying to work with waitstaff to be better. Thank you for pointing out where we failed you.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the chicken-fried steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy.

The nice, big steak was good, with no gristle - I ate every bite. The coating was crispy and spiced just right.

A very tasty white gravy covered both steak and mashed potatoes, with just the right spices.

The mixed vegetables were good, probably from frozen, but they were tasty and served hot.

I’m not a bread person, so I didn’t try the dinner roll, but it looked good, and it was served with a generous side of whipped butter.

I started with a side garden salad, which was crisp and had fresh ingredients.

Service was quick and friendly, at the bar. The young lady who served me was very polite.

Cost was reasonable.

If you’re looking for something besides chain restaurant food, on a budget, and you enjoy diner atmosphere, give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you Rick for the great review. We are so glad that you truly enjoyed your food. Look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

After waiting for awhile with no one in sight to seat me, I went into the kitchen and got some help.

There were a lot of wait staff, but I had no idea what they were doing. I saw tables with folks waiting for their food.

I sat at the bar and asked the waiter what was fast and good. He suggested the meatloaf. It came out fairly quickly. Salty, overdone veggies... about what I expected.

I might go again, if there were no other choices.

Date of visit: August 2018
Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

We are sorry Mark that you did not have a great experience with us. I will definitely bring up retraining the servers as to where they should be standing if there is nothing to do. I will bring up veggie preparation to our chef and make sure this is resolved. Please come back so we can put our best foot forward even if there are other choices.

Been to Moonlight Diner? Share your experiences!