“Comfort food hit the spot”
Review of Moonlight Diner

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Denver International Airport
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I was staying at the Hampton Inn next door and didn't have a car, so this place was an easy walk. It was an evening where I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for, and the diner was exactly what I needed.

There are many choices on the menu, but I chose to go with a breakfast-for-dinner option with the blueberry pancakes. When my plate came out, a piece of bacon fell off which was no big deal. Before I knew it, the waitress brought me a new plate of three new strips, which was unnecessary but thoughtful.

Overall the service was great, food simple but excellent, and very convenient for my travel situation. I will definitely return if I am in the Denver airport area again.

Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much Pledgco for the great review. We are glad your server went above and beyond. Look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

There are a lot of great diners in Denver, so I'll probably just eat at one of those. The Moonlight Diner didn't live up to the recommendation I got from an older out-of-towner who I met on an airplane a year ago. I finally went there and got the corned beef hash, like he said and I really think it wasn't that good. The pancakes that came with it were good and saved the meal. My wife's meal was the Southwest Chicken and I wouldn't even try it, it just didn't look appetizing at all. If I ever found myself at the airport with some time to spare and I had to get a meal, I might try getting something off their lunch menu instead. The coffee tasted decent.

Tim P, Owner at Moonlight Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

We are sorry Woggman for not living up to your expectations. Our corned beef and hash usually get great reviews. I recommend coming back and trying something different. We have BBq on the weekends that people love.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

A below average diner, the waiter was absent minded. Or never took the time to accurately listen to our order. It took him over 15 minutes to bring water to the table...and restaurant was only a quarter occupied. Poor service!

We are sorry Marlene that you didn't enjoy your time. We will deffintley work on training our staff better.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

This place is BIG for a diner. Fun 50’s poster and memorabilia decor. Clean, friendly staff, decent diner food. Hubby had cod fish & chips meal with cole slaw. 3 big pieces of fish and a big mound of seasoned fries.I had meat loaf dinner which included a homemade veggie medley, dinner salad, real mashed potatoes & gravy, and 2 generous slices of meatloaf. Took home half my meal and I was stuffed. Friday-Sunday they do a big bbq —rubs, sausage, & chicken. Sounddd delish, but I’d had bbq the day before next time, for sure! The diner is nestled between hotels near the airport. There’s outdoor shaded seating and also a bar. This is a well-kept and neat restaurant, mostly serving travelers I guess, but if I lived nearby I’d stop in often!

Thank you Ohhhdear for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the meatloaf! Look forward to seeing you when you are ready for BBq.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here or first time in denver. It was amazing! I had a great omelette and the pancakes were wonderful!

Thank you Sherrah for the great review. Glad you enjoyed the omelette!

Been to Moonlight Diner? Share your experiences!