“Awesome root beer and burgers”
Review of A&W Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
A&W Restaurant
Ranked #2,108 of 3,436 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 7, 2017

WE stopped in here 3 times - one for a meal and once for root beer floats. Both times it was very enjoyable. The burgers were good and the root beer was even better.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

The reason for the 1 star rating is strictly based on service. It took 20 minutes to get our orders, which ended up being wrong and had to be fixed.

I came in wanting to use the women's restroom but the handle seemed to be broken so I used the men's. Although the men's was clean-ish, the faucet sprayed water so hard that it got the front of my shirt wet and BOTH soap dispensers were broken. I am unsure how employees are supposed to wash their hands.

Once out of the restroom, there was 1 customer finishing his order and another customer waiting to order before me.

I ordered the $5 combo box with 2 coneys, fries, and root beer, but I upgraded to a "freeze it" which is a blended root beer float, cheese added to my coneys, and cheese curds. I also showed them the Yelp check in for a free cookie, but was informed that this location only takes paper coupons. I didn't really need the cookie, but always enjoy a perk. Not sure how one would redeen a paper Yelp checkin offer. My friend upgraded his combo to onion rings. When our orders came out, they only had fries in the combos and not our upgrades.

We brought it to their attention and the employee helping us showed her frustration. Our order was only a portion of several other orders that either had wrong items or missing items. So, we had to wait even longer to get our corrected items. I didn't get my cheese on my coney and asked for a side of cheese, but never got it. I ended up leaving without the cheese because I was so frustrated with the wait. It's not that $0.80 would have broken the bank, but it's the principle of paying for an upgrade and not getting it.

My freeze it root beer float was yummy, but it seemed when the employee blended it, root beer went everywhere and covered the outside of my cup in root beer when it was handed to me.

Because of the wait and all the errors, I doubt I will revisit this establishment.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

This location has one of those drive throughs that you are trapped once you enter, with curbs and shrubbery, etc. All we orders was two shakes.....and then we waited and waited and waited. The car in front of us sat at the window for at least 20 minutes, then we pulled up and the server told us that the ice cream machine needed to be restarted.....what does that mean??? "Your shakes are almost ready, just two or three more minutes?" Well, ok, we had waited this long whats a couple more minutes.....but then 15 more minutes tick by. Oh well, we finally got our shakes and headed to the hotel a bit perplexed, but with a satisfied sweet tooth.

Reviewed September 27, 2015

Floors had not been swept, a lot of the tables still had food on them. Just did not seem very clean to us, we might have hit them at a bad time.

Reviewed December 6, 2014

Just passing by and got a burger and chicken strips. Prices were ok and the chicken strips were actually tasty not dried out. Good place to go.

Been to A&W Restaurant? Share your experiences!