“Absolutely delicious!”

Columbine Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #396 of 3,322 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Very cool spot, food serve have a little bit of a twist and it is absolutely delicious. Staff were very attentive & accommodating. I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

We looked on review sites for some where to get a steak. We had been driving a lot of hours and were headed to the airport, but first needed a decent meal. The reviews for this place were good so we plugged in the address. First thing we noticed was a parking lot without lights. But also full parking lot after 9 pm. Walking in, we knew we were in a local place because of all the talking going on and the casual atmosphere. We took a table on the 'dining room/bar' side and noticed all the 'cash only' signs. We checked our wallets and decided to stay! The steaks were fabulous and well worth the money. I am very health conscious so lack of green vegetables was noted. (iceberg lettuce in my salad does not count as a vegetable!) I enjoyed it, as did my party! We were sorry to hear the owner had passed the night before and obviously the locals and the staff were digesting this sad news. The restaurant was going to be closed for a few days during the time of mourning. My condolences to the family and friends.

1  Thank sherrie477
Reviewed September 26, 2017

and if you ask them they will give you a bag of bones for your dogs best steak in town. Never have I had to send a plate back. Prices are right on point,and staff are great. If this place ever closes, I'll move out of town and protest

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. I do wish they had some broccoli or cauliflower on the menu. That would be heavenly.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Git-R-Dun steaks! Want a really big, tasty piece of meat for a really low price? Go no further!

Any night of the week you will see how busy this place gets. Lines can be out of the door, but quickly moving production and service make it an easy in-and-out dining experience. Immediately upon arrival you order, Chipotle- style, from the line chef right in front of you. Porterhouse steaks around $20, T-Bones around $17, and sirloins for about $13. Those prices also include two giant pieces of Texas toast, a baked potato or steak fries, and a side salad. Upon ordering you grab a cafeteria tray, select your salad dressing and move to the cash register. After finding and empty seat, a few minutes later you will hear the chef yell "Medium Rare T-Bone" and the meal begins.

You can tell that this place hasn't changed its style or methods for decades. It's a great glimpse of hole-in-the-wall Americana preserved right on 3rd and Federal Boulevard in Denver. Just on the other side of the wall is their lounge. I don't have any experience to write about that side.

Sometimes you don't need highbrow Steakhouse steaks...or their prices.