“Worst Service...well, NO Service”

Columbine Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #371 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Stopped in last week where there was low traffic. We sat a the bar and waited while the lady behind the bar helped other patrons. We waited. We waited patiently. Once she was done helping others she stepped around the bar and had herself a seat to chat with her friends. She completely ignored us. I think she did us a favor because the join was sketchy at best.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Read some reviews about this restaurant so thought we would give it a try. Boy, it is a terrific place to eat. The cook is right there taking orders for steak n burgers. Very tender and delicious meal for a decent price. We got there at 5:30 and there was a lineup out the door. We knew this was the place to be! Highly recommend this restaurant if you want an excellent steak.

1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed February 12, 2018

I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a delicious, hearty meal that's affordable. My husband and I came here on a Friday night and it was PACKED. There was a line out the door, but it went by fast. When you first walk in, you order your food at the cashier. They have an open kitchen concept where you see everything being made. All entrees come with a fresh salad, baked potato and Texas Toast.

After you order and pay (This place is CASH ONLY), they hand you a bowl w/ fresh lettuce in it. You put whatever dressing you'd like. They have Italian, Ranch and Thousand Island.

Then you take your seat. Someone usually directs you to a seat. There's a bar in the back with additional seating you can take advantage of. The place has a diner feel to it with booths and tables all over.

We ordered the:

Porterhouse: portions are HUGE. My husband and I couldn't finish it all so we had to take it home. The meat was tender, but lacks a bit in flavor. You'll need a sauce to dip it in like ranch, A1 or whatever you prefer. The baked potato on the side is okay. I'd rather replace it with more Texas toast because that is delicious. It was soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside w/ lots of butter. It's a hearty, cheap dinner that I'd definitely come back to get again though. This entree alone is $20, which is a steal!

Fried Chicken Dinner was good. The outside was crispy while the inside is tender. However, the batter they used was a bit sweet, which I didn't like too much. I wouldn't order this again.

Price

So cheap! You pay very little to get a lot and the food is good. I'd definitely come here if you're on a tight budget and would like to get your money's worth.

Meh. You can tell they're there to get the job done quickly so there wasn't much service. It was so packed too so I didn't mind.

Overall, I give them 4 stars. I'd come back for the Porterhouse and sub the potato for more Texas Toast. Forget about the chicken unless you like a sweeter batter. Remember to bring cash! There's an ATM there, but they charge you a fee to withdraw. Enjoy your porterhouse :-)

Happy Dining,
JT

1  Thank Janet R
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I'm not a big steakhouse fan, but I was invited here and I like it a lot. The p[lace was totally not fancy, which I loved, and it was as real as old school gets. It might just be your perfect starry, if you're a serious carnivore.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

We looked on review sites for some where to get a steak. We had been driving a lot of hours and were headed to the airport, but first needed a decent meal. The reviews for this place were good so we plugged in the address. First thing we noticed was a parking lot without lights. But also full parking lot after 9 pm. Walking in, we knew we were in a local place because of all the talking going on and the casual atmosphere. We took a table on the 'dining room/bar' side and noticed all the 'cash only' signs. We checked our wallets and decided to stay! The steaks were fabulous and well worth the money. I am very health conscious so lack of green vegetables was noted. (iceberg lettuce in my salad does not count as a vegetable!) I enjoyed it, as did my party! We were sorry to hear the owner had passed the night before and obviously the locals and the staff were digesting this sad news. The restaurant was going to be closed for a few days during the time of mourning. My condolences to the family and friends.

1  Thank sherrie477