“Brunch with Italian Flare”
Review of Sarto's

Sarto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #442 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sarto’s offers an epicurean experience, where seasonally-based ingredients are handcrafted into deliciously inspired dishes. Whether diners want a truly made-from-scratch multi-course Italian dining experience or simply a social setting for a few cocktails and a bite, Sarto's will transport guests to today's Italy. Sarto’s offers dinner Tuesday through Sunday at 5 p.m. and brunch starting at 10 a.m. on weekends. Sarto's chef-interactive Cicchetti Bar is available Thursday through Saturday, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Pantry, Sarto’s fast casual Italian food counter, is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and offers sandwiches, salads, house-made fresh pasta, sauces and a variety to-go meals.
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Let me first start off by saying the brunch was absolutely superb! I of course looked up best brunch places in Denver and this was in the top 10 and Denverites apparently love brunch. So when in Denver, eat like a Denverite.
I'll admit, driving into the neighborhood, you might turn back around as it looks a little rundown but the restaurant is anything but that. It's very airy and bright with tons of windows and the inside is very modern.
Lucky for us there were no reservations on Sunday when we went and the server was super cool.
They had a bellini bar, where you can have any flavor bellini you want, other than the norm. I had the Amerigo which was 2 eggs any way you choose abed crispy gnocchi and a mushroom cream sauce, simply delicious.
The prices are what you would expect for mid-range, so not too bad.
Just come here you won't regret it.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

A group of seven of us went to celebrate my granddaughter's nineteenth birthday. We shared delicious appetizers of calamari.
I had Cavatelli and a side of arugula salad both of which I enjoyed.
For the main course, you may choose between primi (first course) or entree size which I think is a nice perk. The primi size was sufficient for most of us. It is a small menu and the pasta dishes are all reasonably priced and veal, fish and lamb dishes are in the 30$ range.
We arrived at 6:00pm and the noise level was fine but did get progressively louder. We had a young child with us and the kitchen was kind enough to accommodate with a simple dish of noodles and butter.
The person who ordered the pizzetta found it lacking interest and the Italian ricotta cheesecake for desert did not receive enthusiastic raves (then again, we are overly fond of NY cheesecake so it may be an unfair comparison.)
The happy hour prices only apply to the bar and outdoor spaces, not to the seated tables. We were quite satisfied with the servers and
there are nice outdoor spaces to enjoy in good weather and all in all we have added Sarto's to our list to return to.

1  Thank Judith303
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Three couples met for brunch to celebrate various occasions - marriages, anniversaries and birthdays - in this very nice restaurant in a residential area in downtown Denver. I was, personally, disappointed in the food, the service was slow and the noise level was deafening. The rest of the group found the food to be okay but the portions small. The environment is attractive - urban chic. There was plenty of convenient street parking. Would I return - not sure.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Sarto's is a nice Italian restaurant in a old, red brick building in the Highlands neighborhood. While known for dinner, Sarto's also offers brunch on the weekends. We started with little bombolini served over caramel sauce, accompanied by prosecco grapefruit cocktails. My husband raved over his flavorful combo of fried eggs, fresh mushroom gravy, flavorful home style potatoes, and arugula. Two of us had the crustless quiche with a side salad of arugula and sliced apples, while the last person had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and kale. We all enjoyed both our food and server Nick's attentive service. Lovely way to catch up with friends when evening schedules are too busy.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Another great place to eat in Denver. We went there for brunch and were not disappointed. We started with the bombolinos. I had the Amerigo, a variation of eggs benedict, my husband enjoyed their French toast, daughter had the shrimp and polenta and my son-in-law had the steak and eggs & added sausage. There was not a morsel of food left on any of our plates. Only suggestion that I would make is to have reservations. Apparently more and more people are learning about Sarto's for brunch so we had to sit at the bar. Which is really no problem at all.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Sarto's? Share your experiences!