“a wonderful little getaway”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
fort collins
“a wonderful little getaway”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I chose this Hyatt as part of a package deal with the Denver Museum of Nature and Science last summer and were very pleased with our selection. Check-in was quick and painless and the desk clerk was exceptionally polite and helpful. The room was clean and very nice and we got some of the best sleep we'd had in a very long time. The location couldn't be beat and when we asked the concierge for directions to the brew pub we wanted to visit, she provided perfect directions and coupons for free beer. Every staff member we interacted with went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one.

We enjoyed drinks in the lounge one night and the view was fantastic. The property boasts an outdoor hot tub and it was nice to take a soak in the morning, but this is where my only complaint about the property comes from -- the hot tub is, I think, stainless steel, so it was difficult to sit without sliding around everywhere and the railing blocks the view of the mountains. They also have an indoor pool and what appeared to be a well-equipped fitness center.

It can be pricey but we'll definitely look into specials at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear I B,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! I am happy to hear your stay was an enjoyable experience and that your museum package was delightful. We appreciate your feedback about the hot tub, and will think about that when we go through renovations. Our staff strives to make guests feel welcome and taken care of, and I am glad to hear they succeeded. We hope you take the trip back to Denver and stay with us again!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Ashland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked a room here for a Drupal Convention in March. The room was exceptionally clean, the staff and room service were awesome, and the location was perfect! Literally crossed the street to get to the Convention Center!

Moreover, because many of the after parties were held in other venues like the 16th Street Mall area, it was all within easy (I mean just a few blocks) walking distance. Never took a cab the entire time I was there and was on the go a great deal between daytime and nighttime entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountains have a better view than the ones facing the city.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Morpheus101010,

Thank you for the positive review, the hotel enjoyed hosting Drupalcon. It is great to hear you enjoyed the room and service that we provide. I know Drupalcon had a lot of events within the city and I am glad to hear you didn’t have to take taxi to your events. Hopefully we can have you back to enjoy our city!

Atlanta
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was down on Hyatts for a number of years after practically living in them around the world. It seemed that things had gotten too variable--especially the service. If this Hyatt is any indication, they have corrected that.

The hotel was nice, clean and well kept. Good work surfaces and lots of charger plugs on the desk. The staff went out of their way to take care of you. I had to call about one minor problem and it was fixed within minutes, they called to make sure I was happy and gave me some credit against my bill for something that was just a minor annoyance.

Room Tip: Get mountain view if you can.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear tatworthington,

Thanks for the wonderful review! I apologize that you experienced an issue; however I am glad to hear that it was fixed in a timely manner and handled properly. It is great to hear that we restored your faith in Hyatt and we certainly hope to have the pleasure of serving you here again.

Craig
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I spent last night (4/18/2012) here, as it was the closest hotel to the Celtic Women concert at the Wells Fargo Theater. I have nothing but good to say about the experience. We were checked in by Amanda, who offered a lot of great advice about hotel services and things going on in the area. We had dinner at Altitude, the hotel restaurant. The food was beyond excellent (we both had the Miso Gorgonzola Filet- awesome) Taylor and Ben made sure we where taken care of. I especially appreciated how they were very attentive to us, but were not in our face every five seconds. A fine line to be sure, but both men managed it very well. After the concert we went up to Strata, the bar on the 27th floor. Beautiful Hazy (our cocktail waitress) was a gem. She went out of her way for us, and even got us a better table when it became available (better view of the city). We had breakfast this morning (we had the buffet, excellent) were Shanice and Maona again were consummate professionals. Upon checkout this morning, Nick went out of his way to resolve a little billing concern (the ticket from breakfast hadn't cleared yet) All in all, a great experience. I highly recommend this Hyatt, and most of all, I commend all of the wonderful folks who took care of my wife and I!!!

Room Tip: Get a Mountain View on one of the upper floors. The view is tremendous!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Gerg S.,

What wonderful comments and such a great review, thank you! I am glad that each staff member you interacted with was able to show you the dedication to customer service that our hotel prides itself on. I will ensure that your comments about each individual will be shown to their team and management. Also, the Miso Gorgonzola Filet is one of my favorites, so I am glad you enjoyed it! We hope to host you and your wife for another getaway soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager.
Hendricks, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Hyatt. The first night, we asked for extra hangers and glasses. Housekeeping was great and brought them right up! The check-in was painless with the little kiosk off to the side that was super easy to operate. It generated my key and invoice via computer based on my pre-registration. So quick, so easy....it was way cool! The decor is great. I thought the room charges and drink prices were quite high, but the quality was as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Love this hotel in all the typical ways...but it takes an exceptional hotel to deal with security issues well. We stayed 2 nights: the first night, wonderful, the second night at 3:00 am a wild, loud, out-of-control party erupted next to our room. Outrageous, really. I called security immediatey, and 2 security staff members were up and taking care of the situation without a second call. Within 20 minutes, the whole situation was resolved (not sure where the partiers went...). Yes, our sleep was interrupted, but the hotel cannot anticipate which guests will be irresponsible. The fact remains that when I called, the Hyatt Security staff responded immediately & completely. Thank you Hyatt for your professional Security staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Nalu,

Thank you for the five stars and such a wonderful review! I apologize your night was interrupted, but I am happy to see that security responded quickly and resolved the situation. Our security staff is very hard working and it is great to see them get the recognition they deserve. We have shared your review with the security team, as well as the rest of the hotel. We hope to have you back again, but for a night without interruptions.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2012

A few more Hyatts like this and I'm going to start staying at the chain more regularly ... definitely recommend if you need to be in downtown Denver. The location is great - by the convention center and arts center as well as near the downtown mall, which has food options ranging from Jamba Juice and Jimmy John's to places like Hard Rock Cafe as well as a movie and Lucky Strike (bowling). Sam's #3 a good greasy spoon/local dive also right down the street. Rooms are typical Hyatt rooms so no issues there. Staff is extremely attentive and helpful ... always available, even when I'd go down to the lobby at 2 am. The 24-hour shop was a bonus for a night owl like me - has fresh bakery items, coffee and normal "store" stuff (postcards, magazines, sodas, chips, etc.). Room service solid. Light rail adjacent to the hotel might alleviate the need for a car, depending on what your plans are. However, if you wish to explore Denver or head to nicer shopping (Cherry Creek area) - there is an Enterprise on site if you didn't pick up a car at the airport. Would definitely return if I needed to be downtown.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ellen0206
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear ellen0206,

Wow, thank you for the five stars!! I am glad our property offered everything you needed. With shops and restaurants in Downtown Denver being so close, it is definitely one of the things I love about working here. It’s great to hear that you kept our late night Perk’s coffee shop staff some company, too. Hope the need to be in the city will bring you back soon!

Lindsay Nielsen