“The Magnolia is simply TERRIFIC!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #42 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel was simply wonderful. I highly recommend it to ANYONE visiting Downtown Denver, including business travelers AND families. The staff was friendly and helpful. The three "food & beverage services" were greatly appreciated and very satisfying. I thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast service, the evening reception AND the "cookies and milk"! What a treat! It was conveniently located to EVERYTHING that was important to me. I will be returning in the summer, and this time, I will be bringing colleagues (on another business-related trip) and perhaps a family member! Thanks again, Magnolia staff!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Denver

Reviewed 17 April 2012

enjoyable stay for a night downtown - close to mall and mall shuttle, also good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This lovely old bank is now a boutique hotel with the charms of newer marriott type stays. From the moment you arrive you get way more for your $$$$...cannot go worng..the suites are small apartments..love it..will return

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times over the last 2 yrs, and about 10 yrs ago I actually lived in this hotel when it was the Holtz Executive suites, before it was acquired by Magnolia, when I was working in downtown Denver. My FAVORITE hotel in Denver, by far. Conveniently located a couple blocks from the 16th St. Mall, just down the block from my favorite "comfort food" restaurant (Rocky Mtn Diner), and pretty close the the Coors ballpark - you can't go wrong staying here. If you choose a suite, prepare for a very modern/ updscale room with wonderful beds (not too hard), with a great full kitchen and living room - perfect if you plan to entertain. The happy hour was very relaxing, and the "cookie hour" (I think they call it) was perfect - fresh baked cookies before bedtime. Highly recommended...!

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can - you'll love the extra room...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It was clean and the employees seemed very nice. The problems were with the shuttle drivers had only one answer to all of our out of town questions, ( Uh, I don't know). Simple questions about the area. I believe if I ask where there hotel was they would not of been able to tell me.
The other problem was their room service was very eager to deliver a $11.00 sandwich up stairs to me for a simple fee of $13.00. When questioned about the price, I was told that was fair. I guess I must have wasted my college on the wrong job. I could have been a delivery person and made $13.00 for less then five minutes work. Maybe that is what they charge in Denver, but I believe $260.00 an hour is to much for a sandwich.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I chose the Magnolia Hotel based on the number of positive reviews on this website and, also, it's proximity to a downtown business that I needed to visit during my trip to Denver. From the outside, this hotel is somewhat unassuming since it is on a corner of a city block and is not one of the larger hotels in the area. But, upon entering, you'll immediately notice that this place is above average.

This is an old historical building that has been refurbished with very high quality, modern designs. The lobby has free fruit infused water, comfy sofas, and overall attractive design. Check-in was quick and easy.

As to the room, it was huge for a downtown hotel. My room (#302) had a full kitchen (stovetop, oven, sink w/ disposal, full refrigerator, etc.), living room area with flat screen, bedroom with closets and another flat screen TV, and full bathroom with large bathtub and spacious sink area. The room had high speed internet (wifi and data cable line) which was essential for me since I had to do work while there. The internet connection was equal to or better than the speeds I get using comcast internet at home.

As for sleep quality -- Again, this hotel is great. The bed, sheets, etc. were very comfortable and I sleep well. The room was extremely quiet and I heard no street noise.

Breakfast -- the free breakfast was very good. Each morning, they serve scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, etc. There is enough food to get a decent meal with substance. Also, for hotel coffee, I thought the brewed coffee was fairly good. So, another "A" for the free breakfast.

Gym/Fitness -- Awesome facility. This is a full gym with treadmills, elliptical machines, weights, etc. They have a locker room, towels, cold water, TVs, headphones, etc. So, it is high quality experience. The equipment was new and worked well.

Other items of interest -- they offer free beer/wine at night, free cookies/milk/tea in the late evening. Nice little perks.

Concierge: Very good. They even emailed me before the trip to see if I needed anything. When I was leaving, they arranged for a car to take me to the airport at a fee of $60. This was a nice time saver and appreciated.

Area near hotel: There is a large 16th street mall nearby. Walgreens, RadioShack, a bagel place, and Starbucks are very close. Also, many decent restaurants are within walking distance. I ended up walking to restaurants for dinner each night.

OVERALL: This place is great. I would definitely stay at Magnolia again and will look for their hotels in other cities. Very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Great visit. Good location. Cookies and milk a nice treat. Afternoon reception also nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family