“Mmm, Mexican”

La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #372 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Contemporary, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Cross street: Between E 47th & E 46th
Description: La Sandia Tequila Cantina serves internationally acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval’s high quality, authentic Mexican cuisine. Featuring familiar favorites prepared with high quality ingredients, guests can dine and gather over dinner and drinks. The expanded tequila bar and lounge features over 150 tequilas and mezcals and handcrafted margaritas. Warm, Latin-inspired service will round out your experience at La Sandia.
Reviewed July 18, 2018

My family and I had dinner here on a weeknight so it was not very crowded and there was no wait for seating. Service was friendly but a little slower than expected considering the traffic, but we weren't in a hurry so it didn't really matter. We all tried different entrees and everybody really enjoyed them. I had the street tacos and they were delicious. Table-side guac was very good but expensive - $11 (obviously we didn't really pay attention to the price when ordering)! The restaurant was nicely decorated and clean (and had clean restrooms) and there's lots of parking since it's located in a mall area. Certainly worth a try.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is so yummy and located in great shopping space. I go here often when in Colorado. The Bartenders and servers have all been great! Their street tacos are delish! My fave was braised beef and steak. Cadillac, Sandra Latin light, La Sandia margaritas are all awesome! Enjoy this place then do a little shopping. Or shopping then drinks. Either way, won’t disappoint. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We had not been to this restaurant for over two years. Prior to this, we had gone there many times to good food and service. We stopped going two years ago due to terrobl service. We were speaking to friends who talked about it and so we decided to give this place another chance. We arrived just past 2:40 and wanted to get in a late lunch. The place was not busy but it took forever to get seated. We were seated right next to ththe bar in an empty restaurant. It took again at least ten minutes to be given an opportunity to order drinks. Another ten minutes passed before Lupita came to take our order. We asked about ordering from the lunch options. She told us no as it was now just past 3 pm and so we missed kunch! Had we been serviced when we arrived it would be way before 3. We should have left right then. We did not. We ordered and waited and waited for food. Others came into the restaurant and were already eating. When food arrived, it looked like it had been sitting under heat lamps and was dried out. We told Lupita about it but she did not offer fresh food or anything. Forget drink refills as I had to help myself to iced tea myself by waking to the station near thmy bar. This sums up the dining experience. Lousy food and awful service. This place should be closed as two years ago we experienced tha de thing. Del Taco in the same shopping center has fresher food! Don’t waste your time here or money. Expensive too for what we got.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We went there while on a trip to Denver as it was recommended by the hotel. We were there on Friday evening and were able to get a table fairly quickly. The wait staff were excellent and checked on us frequently to see if we needed anything. My wife and I ordered the street food style tacos. I loved my hangar steak tacos. She liked her chicken tenge but found it a bit salty. Overall the experience was superb at a modest price.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

This place was not even close to being "authentic" anything other than get it out of the kitchen fast. We sat on the top floor as the views are beautiful. Surrounding tables were left dirty the duration of our visit. The street tacos were served cold. We asked if the meat was supposed to be cold and we were told no. They brought new tacos and my friend had a very large chicken bone in her "shredded chicken." They did comp some of the tacos so that was appreciated. The overall experience was pretty bad and the place is really dirty. It is screaming for attention from the management to clean it up and make it the restaurant it has the potential to be.