“Excellent service, great location & roomy property”

Swan Mountain Resort
Reviewed 17 February 2016

SMR is a lovely small resort allowing the excellent staff to provide those little extra services that many other resorts don't bother with. The unit, grounds & facilities are excellently maintained and although we were furthest from the club house, it was only a minute (outside) walk away. Covered car parking is provided adjacent the units along with (an unheated) storage locker so you don't have to lug your skis to the unit each day. Our one bedroom unit had a full kitchen, dining area & lounge, drying cupboard, washer/dryer (in the pantry), a/c, humidifier and fireplace. This resort also has a ski tuning room, (fortunately in our block, which we made good use of!) The clubhouse has an indoor pool & spa (& an outdoor spa), lounge area and small gym, computer & printer, free wifi & a mobile phone hotspot (if you can't get mobile reception in your room). We were on Tmobile and did not have any reception in our room. However the unit has a direct phone number people can call.
Having stayed in many timeshare resorts worldwide, this was the first I have encountered that charges a ($10) 'resort fee'. (Come on man - this ain't Vegas!) I don't have an issue with a resort fee if I can see a benefit, but when you have to pay ($5/day $20/wk) for WiFi in your room, this is a bit much! Sure you can use the club house (when open) but you would think providing free wifi would take precedence over free cheese, crackers & popcorn at reception, especially since you can't use your mobile as a hot spot. (WiFi is now a basic necessity, provided free by most establishments) This unnecessary penny pinching means an otherwise excellent resort gets only a VG rating. An RCI 'Gold' rating is not a license to charge hidden extras!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have less neighbour noise
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Dyanne V, Manager at Swan Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! Thanks to our owners we are now able to provide free wi-fi for all of our units.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

The Swan Mountain Resort was a great place to spend Christmas! The staff was friendly & worked with us to accommodate a very last minute issue we had with my disabled father & get us a different unit than what we'd originally reserved but weren't going to be able to use due to stairs issues. The units were very clean. The dining room table was set up ready to have a nice meal. They had free split firewood not only available to use in the awesome fireplace, but already stocked in the unit! They had a welcome-get-to-know-the-other-people gathering on Monday where we met some other interesting guests. The unit was stocked with everything we could possibly want for a vacation with respect to cookware & kitchen stuff. We cooked several great meals & didn't lack for anything for cooking. There was even a blender!!! And especially nice was the constant attention given to keeping the sidewalks & paths clear of snow! Wow!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club

Reviewed 23 December 2015

Overall good experience. We stayed here through Atmed Forces Vacation Club and as usual had a good time. Would recommend this property for those looking to ski Keystone. Small point but the bathroom fans are so loud you would rather sit in the dark.... These fans are obviously original to the 1980ish build and are easily replaced for $50 bucks. Isn't this what the maintenance fee is for?

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
1  Thank jumbowanga
Reviewed 23 November 2015

We visited in early November, flying into Denver airport and driving 1.5 hours to get to the resort. The staff is organized, friendly, and left our keys in the lockbox for late check in. We had to move, due to noisy upstairs neighbors, and the staff took care of this with no hesitation. We moved to a new unit with less noise, and wood burning fireplace. Loved the location, as the closest timeshare resort to Denver airport, and enjoyed the really HOT hot tub every night, at 104 degrees. The internet usage in the pool area was strange, and very humid, and slow. We suggest finding a new place to put it. Otherwise, we found the resort quiet and restful, after days on the snowy slopes. We enjoyed free sleds, movies, and an owners cocktail party, while there. I would recommend this to ski buffs, and others looking for a base to visit nearby Brekinridge, Frisco, and other cute small towns. If you travel in the off season as we did, expect that nothing is open in ski towns until the last week of Nov or early Dec, and you will have to entertain yourselves.

Room Tip: The outer buildings at the end have wood burning fireplaces, the front ones are gas. They provide f...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TJC2013
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Loving our stay...this is a small property that accommodates persons with limited disabilities. I walk with a cane and cannot climb many steps. I shared my challenges and we were given a garden level condo with easy access. There is also a disability bar in one of the bathrooms. It is one of the.best equipped condos we have ever experienced. Best of all...it is an easy drive to Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone and Boulder. We love to travel in off season. While the aspens have lost their leaves, the mountains are snow-capped and the restaurants and venues are very accessible. We have two days left on our stay and will be sad to leave! It is gently snowing tonight...the skiers are ecstatic!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank sdtravelersf
Reviewed 13 October 2015

My husband and I rented a studio loft in West Keystone for one lovely month this past summer. Lately, I've been missing our mountain retreat so last weekend I tried to get it back for one night but was disappointed to learn that it was super expensive for such a short stay. I went online to see what else was available in a price range I could afford. I found the Swan Mountain Resort, liked the reviews and made a reservation.
The room was more like an apartment--clean, spacious with a fully stocked kitchen. The grounds are inviting and well kept with lots of swings and lounge chairs for relaxing. There is a clubhouse with an indoor pool and hot tub and BBQ grills scattered throughout the property. What I liked most about the Swan Mountain resort is that it is located in a quiet laid back residential area, yet it's convenient to both Lake Dillon and Keystone Resort. There are views of the mountains and a nearby trail which connects with the Snake River pathway, providing a delightful walk along the beautiful Snake River (one of my favorite rivers). As an added attraction, a band of coyotes serenaded me during the night (just love to hear them singing).
Overall, the Swan Mountain resort exceeded my expectations, especially since it was such a hastily planned trip. My only teeny tiny little complaint is that they charge extra for wifi in the rooms--not a big deal since I was only there for one night. They do have a computer and wifi access in the clubhouse if you absolutely can't live without the internet. Oh, and you can't beat their customer service. A few days after my stay, a real live person called to make sure I had enjoyed my stay and also wanted to know if I had any suggestions for improving their facility.

Much to my surprise, I ended up liking Swan Mountain resort better than the place we rented in West Keystone this summer---it is much smaller and quieter because the pool is indoors, eliminating the screaming kid noise that occasionally annoyed us at our other place. It's too bad they don't do longer term vacation rentals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top levels would be more private with better views
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank AVK1949
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We recently spent a week at Swan Mountain Resort in Dillon, Colorado. What a great place! We have been to many locations with our Global Discovery Vacations membership, and most of them are top notch. However, Swan Mountain Resort exceeds all expectations.

The condo complex is small, quiet, and very nicely maintained. The units are large, very attractive, well laid out and nicely furnished. The living area contains comfortable furniture and a spotless wood-burning fireplace. (Now there’s a first!) A complimentary duraflame log is furnished, along with a nice stack of firewood. When we arrived, the six-person dining table was attractively set with pretty dinnerware, of which there was a complete set of twelve. The kitchen contained everything we needed to prepare rather elaborate meals for the whole week, although it was rather small for more than one person. The master suite was large, with a comfortable king bed and plenty of storage. We were in one of the loft units, which allows the condo to enjoy lots of natural light through the towering windows. The loft itself was cute and cozy, with twin beds. My sister and her husband were totally thrilled with their accommodations there. The artwork decorating the walls is nature-themed and just beautiful.

But the most impressive thing about this condo is the fact that it was absolutely immaculate. All the condos we have visited through our club have been acceptably clean and neat, but I can usually find some dust without much trouble. Not here! It became a challenge to me to find SOMETHING wrong. There wasn’t even any dust on the shelf behind the TV or on that little ledge on top of the shower stall that everyone forgets about. And both the tile floors and carpet were pristine. Even the balcony was free of debris, although the leaves were falling. I was duly impressed! This place was cleaner than my house, and I’m obsessive!

The staff was excellent. They responded immediately to any request and did so with a smile. The check-in process was quick and efficient, and all the activities were explained to us. There are board games available to borrow, and movies are only $2 per night. There was a welcome party on Monday night and a lunchtime barbecue on Wednesday. No timeshare sales pitch was made to us.

There were two nice hot tubs and a lovely indoor pool, which we didn’t get a chance to use but could see they were carefully cared for as well.

Swan Mountain Resort is a wonderful place, quiet, comfortable, CLEAN, no complaints whatsoever. You won’t regret staying here, I can almost guarantee!

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank AKLover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
4.7 km away
4.4 km away
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Alpine Slopes Lodge
#2 of 6 in Keystone

Been to Swan Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!