All reviewstrain runslevel sitesclean restroomsthe durango silverton trainrv spacesclose to townfull hookupstravel trailergreat wifitrolley servicelaundry facilitynice rv parkenjoyed our stayworked fineanimas rivereasy accessview of the river
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the tent sites. We loved seeing the train go by every morning around 8AM. If you aren't awake by then, you will be after the train goes by! Shower houses were okay. I've seen worse, I've seen better. Overall, a really nice campground to stay at while in Durango.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017

This camp site was refered by a friend. I called to reserve two camp sites. The women I talked to did not go over any prices or fees, she was more concerned about taking my information down. I let her know the number of people in my party including young children. After getting off the phone, I got a phone call back saying that I needed to rent three camp sites becuase of the number of people in my party. I called back and talk to the same women, who seemed very confused about fees, and the size of my party. She then talked about prices when I said I was not going to rent a thrid camp site for one person. At that point I found website, where I was able to see the fees for myself. Because I asked the women about any other hidden fees, she got upset. I was then called by a man who cancelled my reservations because I used the words 'hidden fees,' when his employee does not know how to communicate to paying campers fees during the first phone call. What happened to pulling along side a creek, river, lake and just camping? Everyone in for the money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Very nice staff. Asked about my grandkids fishing and he recommended how get to a good spot on the Animas river right below the park. On that point our space 66 was nicely above the river and a very pretty view. Nice little pool and clean restrooms. It was very convenient with the local bus/trolley stop right in front and so easy to get into town without driving. $1 fare and only .50 cents for me, senior
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some incr in elevation which allows for spaces further from river to still have nice view down to the river. Some better than others
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Site with a view of the river. Full hookups. Patchy internal but the owners are actively working on it and told us where to find best phone reception. ATT worked fine for us. The steam engine went by in the morning for extra character. Loved it. There is a trolley to town for convenience. Pool was closed but it also was too cold for me to want to swim. The owner and son were very kind and extra helpful when we arrived after hours.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We choose this RV Park in Durango since it was on the Scenic Hwy 550. We wanted to tour and hike the area around here. This RV Park is so well kept with gravel sites. It was $45 a night for full hookup and 50 amps. That's the going rate everywhere it seems for a nice RV park. Downtown is very close and easy to get too. The restaurants downtown are so good and way too hard to pick one.
Don't miss Oscars Cafe for Breakfast. I've never eaten at a better Cafe. Just WOW!!
There is a fantastic hiking trail across the street on Animas Mountain. Just love Durango!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple