“Dogs and Fries, Gluten Free - Wow!”

The Original Durango Dawg House
Ranked #68 of 209 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed August 5, 2017

My son and I are both gluten intolerant (Celiac). It is not the problem it used to be - but searching for "safe" things to eat is a quest. Finding your "favorite" things (hot dogs, pizza, etc.) is nearly impossible. We had the best hot dog, with a gluten free bun EVER!
Lots of choices, I had the kraut dog with lots of mustard. This would have been good enough but then the French fries arrived - to kill for. Quite possibly the best fries in Colorado! Add a sunny day in Durango, eat outside, as good as it gets! If you are looking for some really good gluten free food this is the place, excellent!!!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We stopped by to try their hotdogs & were not disappointed. They have a few picnic tables to eat at.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 5, 2017

We just stopped by for a drink and to rest. The staff was great. We did not eat, but we had 'food envy' just seeing what they served.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

I am a student at Ft Lewis College and this place has become me and my friends go toon the weekends and they stay open till 2am!! Best food great ppl!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Cheapest eats in Durango and very friendly staff. Many variations on a hot dog available although I prefer the simple mustard with onions style. Late night favorite with hard-partying locals in the heart of downtown.

Date of visit: August 2016