“What you would expect for the price you pay!”
Review of Motel Durango

Motel Durango
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed in Durango for two nights as we had been to the Mesa verde and were doing the Durango silverton railway as well. We were travelling for a month in America and wanted our money to go as far as it could so we decided to book days end as it was extremely cheap for two nights and the rooms were clean. We didnt expect much and so we weren't disappointed. There was hot water, clean rooms and tv reception so everything we needed just for the night! We didn't use the pool or any other hotel facilities so couldn't Comment on those, however the hotel was a little run down and the pool along with it! All in all, days end was what we needed for a comfortable nights sleep!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Kateclaire

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I've stayed at this hotel for years and was very disappointed in my latest stay. It was off season and they were still charging over $50 a night. And then you had to pay for ice, seriously, there is a coin collector on the ice machine. For the price I'd expect some ice. The rooms haven't changed in 20 years and are in dire need of paint. Very disappointed in my latest stay, won't be coming back and that's too bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dgo_Guy
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Nice rooms - big with furniture and microwave/refridgerator. Has free wifi - but unable to stream movies off of it. (regular internet works for the most part).

I stay here a couple times a year. Every hotel in this area says best rates but I fell for that once with the Adobe inn which was okay but $20 more per night.

My only complaint is no coffee in the early morning hours - I think you have to wait until 7:30am.

Room Tip: The Mustang Conoco a few blocks down serves organic coffee - not bad for a gas station
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ontheroadsomemore
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Rate are cheap so don't expect a five star hotel. Room was clean and everything worked. Front desk was nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank rjmax
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at this motel for ten days. Near the end of April and into May. Waiting on a security background check with my employer. It cost me 39 dollars a night for three nights. Tax added in, about 44 dollars. (Rate now is about 64 to 69 dollars a night) I did spend one week there and paid a weekly rental of just over two hundred dollars. The rate is higher now more than likely. They left me in the same room. I do believe that on the other side of the motel, they have weekly rooms that come with a fridge and microwave. You will have to ask.
The rooms were clean. Had cable tv that worked well. The room I had though had no microwave, or Fridge. The air conditioning and heat worked well. Not very noisey, but some basic late night noise. Bath room was clean, but the hot water was luke warm and doesn't last long sometimes. When I rented for the week, they refused any housekeeping service for four days. The internet service is really bad. You have to pay 25 cents for your own ice. They do not seem to have a laundry room. But then again, I never checked. You will most likely have to drive to get to any other business.
The local police do come in and out from time to time. The single person in the room next to mind was actually searched for drugs. Soon after that, he left. But such things can happen at any motel or hotel.
There is a subway in walking distants. But that is about it! Still not a bad motel, but it just depends on what in life you can accept.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Fridge and Microwave.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2011

This was the cheapest motel we found in Durango with other chain motels charging extortionate prices. The room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was not good (just coffee and a stale pastry) but overall good value compared to other motels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We thought we'd found a deal..ha ha
The room was barely acceptable...burnt out bulbs, long ago cigarette smoke, thought we could open the window & curtain that came off the track. UGh
The housekeeping staff even had the nerve to call & hang up checking if we were still in the room.
I'm to fault because I was looking for a deal....this is no deal!!!
You should be paid to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple