All reviews waffle maker an older property bagels one night stay the river free breakfast pets
Reviewed September 17, 2018

The room was clean and spacious with a table and chairs and nice queen beds.breakfast was decent enough except that no hot food like eggs or sausage.no pool which we knew when booking,and price was good when we booked several months ahead.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rob-t-35
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Clean, well kept premises. All staff friendly and helpful. Check-in and out seamless. Breakfast adequate with usual selection. Close to Starbuck's and restaurants as well as banks and main highway. Would recommend to anyone traveling to Durango.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 2, 2018

If you wanted ANY use of an electrical plug near the sink, the light in bathroom had to be turned on. Turning on the light forced the fan to run, so the light could not be utilized as a nightlight in bathroom. A large table was placed next to an oversized entertainment/dresser unit (tv on top of unit, not inside it), but there was no chair, so you could not sit at the table. Kudos for the excellent lighting in bathroom for application of makeup, but there was NO counter space, nor could you use the table space in bedroom because there was no mirror of any sort. There was ONE chair in the room, so a second person had to sit on bed at all times if seating was desired. Remove that useless piece of furniture, mount the tv on the wall, add a mirror and a chair and things could possibly be improved. Desk staff were very nice.

Room tip: Go somewhere else!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I go to Durango often and usually stay at a Holiday Inn & Suites but figured we would give the Travelodge a try. The room was decent enough to fit 5 of us comfortably. Nothing fancy, which was fine. The breakfast was mediocre to say the least. The only real problem we encountered was The General Manager, Andrea.
We woke up a bit later than planned and needed an extra 30 minutes to an hour longer on our intended 11am check out, however, when calling the desk, Andrea was quick to turn us down on our request and told us we would be charged another $150 for the night for the additional time needed to leave. Instead, we were left scrambling to get our things together half asleep.
When I went to the desk to get my bill, she stated she felt we were "rude" therefore she wasn't willing to accommodate our group. Putting personal feelings above your job duties/performance as a "General Manager" is completely unacceptable. I didn't realize using the words "Please and I'm so sorry were running late" was upsetting to you.
I realize our waking up late was not her problem and was our mistake, however, I work for 2 hotel properties back home and know the request could have been fulfilled.
I'm guessing this is why she is the manager of a 2.5 star hotel where as mine is ranked #8/251 properties coast to coast. So, hey, Andrea, if you ever find yourself traveling through Albuquerque, New Mexico and want to take notes on how a real customer service representative should really do their job, you're more than welcome to come stay at my property. I'd be more than happy to show you the ropes as to how a General Manager should be putting her guests as priority and not your feelings on how you felt we were speaking with you. I will never stay here again or recommend this property to anyone. We hope you have a better day!~ Regards.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We checked in little late. Front desk Michal was great. Happy young man. He was running all over to keep guest served like extra pillows, blankets, etc..Morning lady was also caring. The breakfast was so.. so.. but staff was polite

• Trip type: Travelled with family