All reviews waffles hotels motels bed was comfortable continental breakfast clean rooms breakfast area would stay here again super8 downtown rates
Reviewed September 12, 2018

easily the WORST motel I have ever stayed at. When I checked in, the maid had left a feather duster on top of the microwave, which is funny because she obviously never used it. First thing I did was hop in the shower, and there was a used bar of soap and HAIR in the tub. GROSS. I called the front desk and my phone was...disconnected. (not that it mattered, when I called the property earlier to get directions, no one ever answered the phone). Other lowlights: there were soda can rings on the furniture, the sink drain was broken so the sink was filled with standing water the whole stay. The internet was down, and no one seemed to know why, or care. The breakfast had no egg or sausage dishes like other Windham properties (not that I would have eaten their food, I'm sure the food prep area is just as filthy as the rest of the property). And, for the coup de gras, I was sick for an entire week after leaving. I cringe to think of the disgusting germs in this dump that made me sick.

Room Tip: If you make the mistake of booking a room in this pigpen, you will hate yourself in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We booked a couple of months ago and got a great rate for this area. We stayed one night on July 6. It was clean, roomy, and well decorated. I'm not sure if some of these negative reviewers stayed in the same place as we did, because we thought it was a pretty nice budget hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Dwane R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Durango, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I agree with you and appreciate you noticing the rooms and how nice they are. Unfortunately you can not please everyone all the time. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. Updated artwork, furniture, bedding and carpet. The air conditioner was a little loud, but standard for that type of unit. The room smelled a bit stale but not bad - we ran the AC and it improved. Everything was clean - linens, carpet, tile floor, fixtures. The site seemed safe and secure. The clerk at check-in was friendly and helpful. The breakfast selections were basic - I opted for toast a piece of fruit and coffee. When I read previous reviews, I worried about our stay. However, I found that this place met or exceeded my expectations for a Super 8. I've also found that generally, the way you treat the hotel employees will determine how they treat you in return. If you're looking for a basic place to stay, this one should be on your list.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Dwane R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Durango, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We appreciate your staying with us and a pleased that you had a pleasant experience. You are right sometimes ones state of being determines the experiences they will have in life.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

another disappointing Super * with little to entice the traveler. It didn't even have a pool. Motel staff was less than helpful when it became necessary for us to shorten our planned visit because of the proximity of the Durango 416 fire, a fire which cancelled our Durango-Silverton train ride.

Room Tip: doesnt matter: no views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Dwane R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Durango, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

I am sorry for the disappointment. The fire was a hard struggle for us and we were trying to keep spirits as high as possible during the fire. I apologize for the staff not being helpful for your situation.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

My fiance and I decided to stop here for the night because they are pet friendly and we were travelling with our two dogs. We didn't need anything fancy, as we knew we'd get in late and leave early, so we just needed a bed and didn't want to pay through the nose for it. Well the room was over $120 after taxes, plus another $20 fee per dog and per night. Also, they firmly only accept dogs at their hotel and will not tolerate any other type of pet, which is not something they told us upfront when we called to ask about their pet policy. We were thankful that we hadn't been travelling with our cat. When we got in around 10:30pm, there was only one person working the front desk, which wouldn't be an issue, but he was self admittedly new and did not know how to check in guests with pets. So it took a solid half hour, plus a couple minutes second visit to the front desk to shuffle rooms, to get us settled in a pet specific room. Upon entering the room, it was immediately obvious that dogs had been in there as it absolutely REEKED of dog urine. I don't know what they put their outrageous pet fees towards, but it isn't cleaning of the pet rooms. The smell permeated everything in the room. On top of that, there was black sludge in the toilet, almost as if someone had dumped potting soil in it. I fear that it was much worse than soil residue, however. The toilet plus the stench made the room feel absolutely filthy, but we were exhausted (it was near midnight when we finally got our keys and carted our things to the room), so we just didn't have the energy to find a new hotel. We have stayed in other super 8 motels and very much enjoyed our experience, but I will NEVER stay at this location again. Maybe the non-pet rooms are nicer and closer to the photos online, but after my experience you couldn't pay me to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel