“Decent continental breakfast and clean-lower level room was VERY quiet!”
Review of Days Inn Durango

Days Inn Durango
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Durango
“Decent continental breakfast and clean-lower level room was VERY quiet!”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Night shift desk girl was very informative and helpful-I think her name was Amber. The room was clean, the hot tub worked- a little cold for his preference just right for me. We stayed in a cozy king size single room and got a great nights sleep. We also loved the fact that checkout wasn't until noon.

• Stayed October 2011
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Days Inn Durango, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. We appreciate the positive feedback and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come back to see us if you return to Durango.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nucla, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Soooo disappointed! The only good things to mention... 1) the reception staff, very friendly & helpful 2) the Tempurpedic Beds 3) Not sleeping in the parking lot! This place is a BAD, blast from the past...I'm total cool with old, vintage, historic, but this place is just plain old & dirty. Beside being noisy, too hot (even with the cooler on), the furniture dinged and mismatched and the carpets scary dirty. To top it off, the cleaning staff was knocking on our door at 9 AM, before I could get to the door, she was on her way in... really! Then they called our room, 10 minutes later, knocked again... this all between 9 and 10:30 AM. Check out time was clearly posted every where and and mentioned to every guest at check in... 12:00 Noon. If the cleaning staff spent as much time cleaning as they do harassing the guest, this place might be a little better. NO privacy, NO relaxing, NO stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else... like the Doubletree :)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Durango hotels

Ridgway
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff was friendly and accommodating. I felt bad that they had to represent this dumpy time forgotten place. Durango has miles of tourists so I guess this hotel thinks it can get away with dilapidated buildings and rooms. The rooms were not very clean, the furniture is older than I am- and I am no spring chicken. The beds were OLD and ridiculous. The wallpaper was peeling off, the carpet looks like a petri dish of germs... I had a mantra...I'm lucky to have a roof over my head tonight and cleanish sheets (the room had a weird odor- like a packed salvation army warehouse) I knew it wasn't the Ritz and that the highway traffic noise would be annoying but the price of the room reflected that much. The grime and grit was really suprising. Where is the pride? The bath amenities were cute but it was like stringing pearls on a sour dishtowel. We won't be back.
Oh and did I mention there was a ragin' kegger in the parking lot below our room? Good grief! I thought I would have to go out and throw a few back just to get some sleep...needless to say I refrained.

Room Tip: bring a haz mat suit...or socs that you'll burn after
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank scottbridger_123
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The Ramada Inn is not a fancy hotel but for our purposes, it met our needs. The rooms were large and clean, and the continental breakfast was very nice. The pool is situated right on the main street, so it is noisy there, but refreshing. The Thermopedic mattresses were a real delight, very comfortable and made sleeping not a problem.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenda H
Knightsgm, General Manager at Days Inn Durango, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose Ramada Limited on your next visit to Durango. We try to provide certain comforts in our hotel such as Temperpedic beds and a deluxe continental breakfast for our guests plus a clean comfortable room. We thank you again for staying with us.
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife and I spent three nights at this hotel. The room is large. The bathroom had two lavatories-one in the bath and another lavatory with a large counter in a separate dressing area. The included breakfast included 'cook your own' waffles, cereal, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Temperpedic mattress on the bed. The staff was friendly and helped us with several questions about our trip.

The hotel is a little older but is well maintained.

There is a spa directly across the street. I had a massage and my wife had a pedicure. Both were fairly priced.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Knightsgm, General Manager at Days Inn Durango, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
I would like to thank you and your wife for chosing our hotel for your stay. We are very pleased that you took the time to respond about our property on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a great stay at our property as we strive to make sure every visit is pleasant for our guests. We hope you will consider us for any future trips to Durango.

Melissa Morris-GM
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We needed a first floor room and they did accomodate us. It was quiet and clean and roomy. Tempurpedic matresses were a plus.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My extended family and I stayed in this Ramada during a family vacation traveling through Colorado. This was, by far, the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I will agree the beds were comfortable, but that was the only redeeming fact. As one previous poster said, it is one thing to be old and charming, but to be old and dirty.... that's totally different. There were hairs on the bathroom floor and mold between the bathroom floor tiles and the tub. There was also toothpaste, or lotion or something on the faucet on the sink. Out of the three rooms my family stayed in, all the furniture was different. It was almost like they went to yard sales to find furniture for the rooms. The furniture was dusty and chipped. Very disappointed. I would not recommend this hotel at all. I wish we had stayed at the Doubletree or one of the other hotels in the historic district.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family