“An Amazing place to stay!”

Purgatory Village Condo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here on our way to SnowMass, Colorado for the Jazz Festival. This hotel was MORE then what we expected! The prices were very reasonable, almost seemed to good to be true how cheap the rooms were. Upon arrival we were greeted with a wonderful, friendly staff who showed us exactly how to get to our room (a bit confusing). Rooms were amazing, clean and very comfortable! The views were to die for!!! My husband really loved the privacy we had- for being a hotel, we had much privacy and no interuptions from doors slamming/foot stomping, etc. The only thing I will warn people of is the location- you are out of town...you will not be within walking distance to any restaurants and stores. But it's SO WORTH the price & location! We just loved it! Definetly be back again!

Room Tip: Balcony Suites are breathtaking!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tam26215
There are newer reviews for Purgatory Village Condo Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We travelled to Southern Colorado in the "off season" (mid-Sept) and were able to get a more than reasonable rate at Durango Mountain Condos. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in the Village Center, which is at the bottom of the ski lift. We stayed two nights for less than $250. While the apartment we stayed in was starting to show a little wear and tear, it was comfortable and cozy. The only thing we were disappointed with was that being we were there during their off season, there was no bar or restaurant services and many of the shops were closed during the week (we stayed on a Weds and Thurs night). I imagine that during the ski season, there is much activity and events to fill a day. After the drive from Ouray and Silverton, this was a great place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jstme2
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Most people who visit Durango want to stay downtown near the attractions. These condos are in the ski area about 30 minutes up the canyon so their prices are much more reasonable than the inflated prices they charge for the motels in the city. For me, the drive up and down the canyon was one of the high points of my visit. It's a wonderfully scenic winding road along a mountain stream and if your timing is good you will get to see the Durango & Silverton steam engine puffing along the tracks. When I found out I could stay here for about the same price as the Motel 6 in town it was a no-brainer for me. I ate dinner in the restaurant in the lodge and the food and service were outstanding.

Room Tip: When you call ask if they 'have anymore of the $100 rooms left and they will do their best to fi...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sknovr
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband, two teenage boys and I had a condo in the Eolus condos and it was incredibly uncomfortable. We arrived to find that the studio condo had one Murphy bed (with a very firm mattress) and the sofa bed for the kids was a hideous 70's couch that opened up to a thin mattress which was mostly springs. There were no linens and I had to call housekeeping. My son closed the bed back up and slept on the couch with his legs hanging over. My other son ended sleeping on the recliner. When I complained to the front desk the next morning, they did not seem to care. I luckily was able to upgrade to a two bedroom unit in a pretty new condo the next night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Fantase62
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here for about 5 days, and for the most part had a blast.. I went here in January, and stayed at a friends 2 bedroom condo. It was in the heart of the ski season and was pretty busy. I went skiing the first day, and snowboarding the second day I was there. Unfortunately I broke my wrist the second day I was there and it was half way through an all day snowboarding lesson/school. The first aid clinic at the bottom of the mountain was great, and everyone else was nice. There are a few shops on the premise, and have a little bar there called Purgy's. The food was pretty good, and all of the people there were really nice. The place is definately a skiiers heaven. The views of the mountains were really a treat.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tp5970
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We were traveling to Mesa Verde National Park with my elderly father and felt we would fare better with a one-bedroom condo at Purgatory rather than with two pricey hotel rooms down in Durango. We were correct! Although there was some miscommunication as to the type of unit we had requested (make certain you request a "A" unit as all units are privately owned and some have not been updated) it was resolved by management. They ended up assigning us a beautiful two bedroom unit for the same price as a one-bedroom unit. We were thrilled with the property and we thank Durango Mountain Resorts for their most accommodating and understanding manner!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Mountainsojourner
Reviewed 12 June 2010

After looking in town for a hotel and getting very disappointed my husband said lets just drive up the road to the ski resort. ( Thinking that it would be way out of our price range). We drove up and what a beautiful drive it was, went up to the main desk and asked to look at a couple of rooms. The first one in the eolus building was ok but not what i was looking for and then we went to room 305 in the purgatory Village center and OMG! 1 bedroom living room, dining room, great kitchen and 2 balconies overlooking the village plaza area and mountain and the other balcony off of the bedroom facing the ski lift and not to mention the new pool and hot tub area next door in the Purgatory Lodge was sooo beautiful and relaxing...The condo was around 130.00 a night for that week was a steal, considering some hotels in town like the Ramada wanted 129.00 for a one room overlooking a parking lot and a beat up old truck.. And the Spanish Trails well, I would not consider that a place to sleep or shower. nasty nasty nasty...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple