“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: (970) 328-1919
Reviewed October 4, 2017

we were hungry so we decided to get a little local restaurant experience. it was snowing and this place looked like fun. we weren't disappointed. waitress was real nice and very efficient. we watched as this very tall man cleaned tables and was always in sight. i commented that it was probably the owner. AND it was.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Our server was quite attentive even though he was rather busy with all the tables on one side of the restaurant. I like that there are a few choices for me as a vegetarian. My only 'complaint' was that the french fries seemed a little soggy. But of course I still ate them! No room though for an ice cream dessert.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is way too high for what you get. You cannot get breakfast except for a very limited menu after noon. Hamburgers are $11. I asked for gravy with my chicken fingers and when I get the bill they charge me a dollar for gravy that they never mentioned. When I ask for a refill on my ice tea they said oh we just poured it out we don't have any. Service was OK. Food was average. My advice is skip this place.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We had a nice lunch. The spinach salad was very good with grilled chicken. The southwest burger was very good. The h and cheese sandwich was OK the bread was a little dry. The split pea and ham soup was different. It was OK French fries were yummy. A nice place to stop for a diner lunch

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We stopped here (actually drove BACK to Eagle) when a truck full of pigs overturned on I70 West (There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere). There were dozens of people trying to get into this diner and get fed. The staff handled the stress well, and delivered our order in good time. Usual 50s diner food - burgers, etc - but well prepared and cooked the way I like it. The only staff person that got a little out of sorts was the girl who plopped a wet cleaning rag in front of me on the counter. Wasn't sure if I had to work for my dinner or not! ;-)

Been to Eagle Diner? Share your experiences!