“Great food and drinks, lovely patio, fantastic management”
Review of Cochino Taco

Cochino Taco
Ranked #21 of 204 Restaurants in Englewood
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We schedule our after party for a tech conference here and rented out the patio for our expected 100 people. The venue was easy to work with prior to our event and very reasonably up-sold us to including a taco for everyone rather than just drink tickets. The tacos were delicious (even served in bulk) and were a smashing hit.

We were also able to use our own tokens as drink tickets - the bar staff was great about being accommodating to our extra needs like this.

Additionally (and this is really what made the experience for us), we had less people show up than expected, so we didn't order nearly as many drinks as expected. Rather than just flat rating our event even though we didn't "use" our entire tab (as we've experienced before), our servers and the management on duty opened up their entire drink menu rather than just the set drink menu AND entertained our guests long after our official event time was over, all on our tab (even after we'd tabbed out and left). While I'm guessing they still made a fair bit of extra cash from our event (compared to the drinks they expected to serve), they also made a great impression on us as the organizers AND on our attendees.

I would highly recommend Cochino for large group gatherings (if the weather is patio friendly) and love the care and attention / good will the staff extends to their guests. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

This is the restaurant the neighborhood needed. We sat on the patio during happy hour and had a great time! Frozen Paloma's were fantastic (a bit sour but I like that), the queso was good and I loved their chips. I had chicken tacos which were really good and they come with corn tortillas doubled up so you can actually made two tacos out of one because they have plenty of filling to divide up. My friend really loved the squash tacos, perfect for a vegetarian. We finished with the caramel filled churros and ice cream, so tasty and decadent. The staff was really friendly, I'll be back for sure!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Oh man, this is tasty vittles. Great tacos, especially the carnitas. Unbelievably good. Also had chips with 3 salsas. Not free, but worth the $4. Every salsa was fabulous! Chips not too thick, which I prefer. Tacos are ordered individually and run about $4 each. Lots of choices to try, including chicken, beef, pork, seafood, vegetarian. We each had 2. With the chips and salsa, that was about right. Place has a cool vibe. Classic feel.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Not impressed. We went in for brunch today, excited to try a new place and were underwhelmed. It was not extremely busy but we had to ask someone to get sat, we never were welcomed. We ordered chips and guac, it took a long time to come out but it was worth the wait, it was really good. I ordered the breakfast burrito and BF ordered a taco plate. The food took a really long time to come out (again it was not crazy busy) but then they bring my burrito and 10 minutes later comes his tacos. I asked for the burrito with no meat and start eating it and come to find out there is pork or some sort of shredded meat in it. I told the server and he was very nice and offered to bring me something else but I just ate around the meat, I didn't want to wait forever for something else to come out. I love breakfast burritos and this was probably the most unappetizing one I have ever had (not because of the meat). There was supposed to be cheese in it but there wasn't. It was a whole lotta potatoes, a little bit of scrambled eggs, tortilla, green chile sauce (which was good), topped with diced onions, avocado, and literally 2 little flakes of cilantro (it said cilantro garnish on the menu... (not so much). Service was mediocre at best, we had to ask a few times for ketchup and waters were never refilled. The server did comp by burrito which was nice. Would we come again? Maybe for a drink and the chips and guac but other than that no.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Arrived in Denver six days ago and this taco restaurant is so good I've been here twice already. The food is creative, fresh and delicious. Indoor and outdoor seating. They boast lots of tequila options and their hand shaken margaritas were perfect. Enjoy!

Been to Cochino Taco? Share your experiences!