See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2015 via mobile

Positive first - quiet and very comfy bed along with with good wifi. That's why they get poor instead of terrible. The room was clean although the bathroom,brown water - broken fixtures.
Scary now... Yes scary. When I arrived late to check in there was a fight ready to ensue in the parking lot?!? Drunk? Don't know there really isn't a bar there. Monday after work I arrived to my room to find the door propped open with the security bar!!!! I was needless to say appalled!!!!! Scared!!! And worried about my belongings. I checked the closets etc. nothing was missing (except towels). I left a message for the mgr to call in the morning. When I left in the morning and told him I needed towels and learned he was the manager he didn't apologize, just said he'd follow up with housekeeping.
No, I didn't hear back from him during my week stay. When I sarcastically thanked him for his follow up he said no problem?!!!! He didn't seem to happy when I reminded him YOU did NOT follow up. Then he flung my receipt at me. Yes flung. I wouldn't suggest trying this hotel if you are at all concerned about your safety or belongings. They certainly are not. I think this is where the bottom of the HTM class goes to work. Sorry guys you fail. NOTE I got this hotel via an 'express deal' off a website. Sometimes a few bucks saved just isn't worth it!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2015

Main problem: the pool wasn't working. When asked about it, the front desk said it was on the website. I went back and checked, she was right, technically. The amenities didn't list a pool. Okay fine. Technicality. Except, nowadays, what hotel doesn't have a pool?
When we checked in and went to our room, it reeked of cigarettes, there was a bullet hole in the window, and the screen was torn. I called the desk and she sent someone up with new keys and they were to a suite. She even called to make sure it was better. GREAT service on that.

The elevator was scary. We never wanted more than 4 people in it at a time because we were afraid it would collapse.
And yes, it's Colorado but the elevator reeked of weed.

The hotel is old. It's way out of the way. But the beds were comfortable and there were good channels on TV. And the front desk folks were great. I compare it to a great waiter at IHOP. I hope they get paid enough cuz this hotel could lose them quickly.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2015

I used name your own price and got this hotel room for one night. Much to my dismay, the reviews were terrible enough that I seriously decided to just not even bother checking in. However, due to the A/C unit needing repair in the home, it became too unbearable and I decided to fulfill my reservation.

On the drive over, I called the hotel to confirm the room was booked & to also ask what the check in policy was. It was very late & I did not want any surprises once I arrived. Nonetheless, there was an issue regarding the $50 credit card hold for incidentals. The younger man checking me in (Connor) has a very poor customer service approach. Eventually I was given the keycard and I headed straight to the room, therefore I cannot comment on the pool, fitness room, or any facilities on the property.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the room I was given, based on previous reviews. I was in a double queen room, which was spacious and while not impeccably clean, was not dirty or uncomfortable. The only thing I noticed was that the grout between the shower tiles could use a good scrubbing, but that was about it.

The beds were comfortable and had plush, thick bedding and pillows. I liked that the room had a sort of vanity area next to the bathroom with a large mirror and electrical outlets. It also had a very spacious closet. There was a desk and chair, a small ottoman, and of course a large flat screen television. I was very comfortable and felt 'at home'. I never heard any noise whatsoever from other guests or even hotel staff that night and the following day, nor was I bothered by anyone. The check out time is noon. I was late checking out and still no one knocked on the door or called the room. This is a big deal for me as I like privacy and don't like being disturbed by housekeeping the morning of check out.

I was extremely pleased with the room, incredibly dissatisfied by the customer service. A room can be wonderful but poor customer service will deter me from ever staying at a particular hotel again, and even avoiding that hotel chain altogether.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo