“This is NOT one of the nicest Candlewoods”

Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
“This is NOT one of the nicest Candlewoods”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Waited 20min at front desk when I arrived (along with another gentleman) to check in at 10:00pm front desk girl no where to be found! Shower head a joke! Sprayed all Over the bathroom and the shower head felt like it was pelting you. I walked by the front desk and heard another guest complaining about their shower head too- so isn't wasn't just mine. The jacuzzi had so much chlorine my husband and I could only bare it doe about 3min it was burning our eyes So bad. Overall stay ok- but they need to change something's..!

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Ashd0307,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is an ok hotel. Looks nice. Nice price. Spacious one bedroom with full kitchen. Only bad thing is that this hotel has a bad smell. Take air freshener , and scented candles to cover the bad smells. No breakfast here but the have a little store by lobby to purchase a variety of stuff. Great great prices on everything here. Cool place ...free washer and dryer too :) and free movie rentals

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
mrskerns,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel because we had a LONG drive in traffic back from the mountains and we wanted to stay somewhere that had an indoor pool and was in a safe area. First off, the hotel was right off the highway. It is situated in a business district (I'll get into that here in a minute) and is close enough to other conveniences within minutes drive time (i.e. Super Target, fast food restaurants, Park Meadows Mall, light rail system, sit down restaurants, etc.). On arrival, it seemed very quiet and like we were the only ones there, which bothered me at first, because I did no research prior to arriving here. When I went to check in, I was not greeted by a front desk clerk. There was nobody in sight. I finally read a sign that said to pick up a phone in the lobby which would then wake up or alert the front desk clerk to come assist customers. I did that and was shortly greeted by an employee who acted as though she was about 5 minutes from getting off shift. I asked her if there was vacancy and she said there was and asked me for my ID card (which I gladly gave her). The next thing I know, without her saying another word to me and a lot of typing on her end, she handed me a bill and asked for my credit card (mind you there was no quote, no asking me if I wanted a suite or not, nothing of the sort). Maybe I'm being a little too picky here, but from my experience with hotels, I expect nothing more than good customer service. Anyway, after I was a bit tiffed, my family and I went to our room, ground floor, next to an exit (which I like). Upon entry into the room, it seemed like a mini studio apartment. It had all of the amenities (i.e. fridge, range, microwave, freezer, dishes, dishwasher, sink, coffeemaker, etc). It was modern and updated and the room seemed fresh. I liked it. I think the room made me forget about my experience with the front desk clerk. We went to grab something to eat and came back. We forgot drinks but noticed that there was a little concession stand that was on the 'honor' system (reasonably priced for a hotel). We ate and then went to the pool, which although small, was still decent enough for the hotel. You have to bring your own towels from the room, since there are none in the pool area. The pool smelled REALLY strong of chlorine or bleach and the rear door was left open to air it out. VERY STRONG ODOR!! In the bathroom, there are only 2x towels, so you may have to ask for more at the front desk. The night sleep was good, not the best, but better than most. You can ask for firmer pillows if you need to. There is not continental breakfast, but there is fresh free coffee at whatever time you want or desire. For a one night stay, I didn't mind this place. It fit my family's need for the night and was in a safe area. On check out (which is noon...I like that!), I noticed I was charged a business charge for the hotel being in a business district. Not happy with that, but I can deal with it just fine (just be aware of this before hand). Ask for a AAA discount if you have it, because it gives you almost $10 off and even before that, the price for a night here is very reasonable. Day shift clerk was better by the way!

Room Tip: Ask for more towels
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The employees were friendly and professional, but the cleanliness of the facility really bothered me. Every towel and our bed sheets were stained. When we got new towels from the front desk they were also stained! My husband and i were told that they do not use bleach when they do the laundry. Also the pool area was filthy. It's an indoor pool, but there was dirt and grime everywhere and the hot tub was green and four smelling. If those two details were taken care of, this place would have been great. We really like that we had our own kitchenette, and the location. It's hard to be comfortable when you are not sure things are clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed here for 5 months while working in the Denver area. I have to say I was sad to leave. Everyone on the staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is new and clean. The bed was comfortable. Flat screens in living room and bedroom. Free Laundry. This place was perfect for my stay away from home. This is a extended stay above the rest and I've stayed at many. If you want to be pampered like a luxury hotel don't bother. If you want a good value, friendly staff, comfortable no hassles of typical corporate hotels. I recommend this place. I even made friends with other residents and we took site seeing trips on weekends and met at the BBQ grill on sunday evenings some friends for life. Danny, KCMO

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank SiteAcqguy
Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We took a trip to Denver for a short vacation in August, 2010 and stayed at the hotel. It was a great place and fairly new. The rooms were great that included a kitchenette. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 8 March 2010

well where do i start. for beginners i called the property prior to my arrival and asked if they had a airport shuttle and i was advised that they didn't and was told that i could get a taxi for 50 dollars. WRONG. it was 80 dollars. do you think they even said they were sorry when i arrived furious, nope they sure didn't. Then I requested to be on the top floor (4th floor) as I cannot tolerate hearing people stomp above me, keeping in mind that I am a platinum member with this chain which is the highest recognition that one can be. They put me on the 3rd floor and I was to stay 80 nights but after a whole week of stomping above me 24/7 and I could not get the management to do anything about it I checked out and took my business elsewhere. They did after I complained for 4 days offer to downgrade me to a studio from a one bedroom. This hotel is set up just like an apartment and intended for long term business, however they have turned it into a apartment complex, when I complained about the noise one final time I was advised that the people above me had been there over a year. I guess that gives them the right to disturb others. I can tell you the problem the management there are all very young. the general manager is in his early 20's and the operations manger is under 21. They wear whatever they want to work and don't take their jobs very seriously. Good luck if you ask one of them for a taxi or directions or where the nearest restaurants, shopping are. They have no clue. I wouldn't be so bothered by that if they said something along the lines of "I don't know but let me get online and look it up for you". Since I brought up internet let me tell you what a joke the internet is there, dial-up is by far much faster. The company that they use gives them 1.5mbps for the entire property. They don't have any mac filtering so one can do anything they want on their while everyone else suffers. Let's move on to the pool and jacuzzi, we went down and got into the jacuzzi the first night we were there and when we turned the jets on and the water started moving this terrible smell started rising from the water. So we immediately got out and notified the management who said we will call someone, what did they do? Glad you asked, they went out there 2 days later and just emptied the water and filled the jacuzzi back up with water and NO chemicals whatsoever. I'm guessing the health department doesn't inspect these places too often. There was always towels and trash all around the pool area because the front desk staff never gets up out of their chairs to do anything. Since they have people just living out of this property they allow them to do whatever they want to, children unattended running the halls all hours of the day and night like they are on a playground somewhere. People putting trash outside their doors and it sits there for days.

The sad part is that this is a really nice hotel, they need to have a more mature and experienced management who plays an active role in the daily management and maintenance and upkeep of the property. Customer service needs much improvement. And security at night would be a really good idea.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jdub69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
0.1 km away
2.4 km away
Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
3.6 km away
TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center? Share your experiences!