“Good food, great service.”
Review of The Rustic Oven Restaurant - CLOSED

The Rustic Oven Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Snow Mesa Drive
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Our food was well-prepared and tasty. I had Mediterrean stuffed chicken, others had fish and chips and steak. The atmosphere was nice for visiting or for a more romantic intimate meal. We were there late Sunday evening and the place was practically empty. It was nice for us, but I hope business picks up.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

The first time we went was probably in 2012 and it was really good. The next time my scallop appetizer was raw. Tonight it was terrible. We haven't eaten out in a long time and was looking forward to a nice treat. We wish we would of stayed home. Mussels were not fresh and we had to send back. My husband's steak was fatty and practically inedible. This will be the last visit.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Vcero
Reviewed May 12, 2015

Traveling for work, I am not big on dining alone. But I decided to have a solo dinner at the Rustic Oven because the area is close and is really quite pretty.
There were a fair amount of people in the restaurant. My waitress was thoughtful and put me in a quieter area. She was attentive and knowledgeable. I got a spinach and shrimp salad with a nice balsamic dressing. The shrimp were plentiful and very good. Waitress brought the check quickly and seemed to understand that most solo diners don't want to sit around. I would recommend this place to friends.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

Had the family out to the restaurant last night and food was great, but the service was outstanding! Would definitely recommend!!

Reviewed April 9, 2015

We dined at the Rustic Oven for lunch midweek, and the restaurant was not very busy at all. Our server was friendly but simply disappeared more than once and let us run out of our beverages three times.

Food flavor was slightly above average, but for the prices - about $12 for a sandwich and fries, 50 cents more for garlic fries, and $17 for a pasta entree - we simply expected more.

The restaurant looks rustic and inviting upon entry, but the 80s rock music blaring throughout the restaurant was extremely distracting and was so loud in the restroom that you could not carry on a normal conversation with someone. So the warm, cozy feeling the restaurant ads try to entice you with did not translate with the overall experience here during our visit.

Bottom line: There are less expensive restaurants in Ft. Collins which serve better food and offer better service.

Date of visit: April 2015